Cory Barlog wants his next game to be a brand new original IP

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 14, 2018, 03:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Cory Barlog wants his next game to be a brand new original IP | ResetEra

He mentions in the video below that he needs to convince Sony first. But are there any reasons why Sony shouldn't give this guy a chance? He's delivered two of the finest games ever made in God of War II and God of War (2018) and won a BAFTA for his writing for GOW2, so we know he's talented. It's a good business move, GOW2 sold over 4.2 million copies as of June 2012. God of War is selling out on Amazon in various countries. I think it's time for Cory to get a shot and not be tied down to a character/story with history or previous iterations. If I were Sony, I'd want to build a talented team around him and give them the budget and time to create another epic game that's completely original. What do you think? Source:(​IMG) Edited  

BananaKing

I was hoping he'd continue GoW and I remember him saying he wants to do more of these. But honestly a new IP from SSM sounds awesome. But get somebody really good to do the next GoW, we don't need another ascension on our hands.

the-pi-guy

I was hoping he'd continue GoW and I remember him saying he wants to do more of these. But honestly a new IP from SSM sounds awesome. But get somebody really good to do the next GoW, we don't need another ascension on our hands.
Hopefully it can stick to 95. That would be amazing. Either way the reviews are amazing and this game really really seems to deliver. I hope SSM get a chance to do a new IP next.
Hmmmm...  

BananaKing

Hmmmm...  
Cory isnt SSM you know ;)

I was hoping he'd do a GoW since this one scored so well. And then another team would make a new ip