Microsoft VERSE Sony @ GAMESCOM: Discuss!!!!

Started by Legend, Aug 12, 2014, 09:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Title says it all.

Leave the other threads for just the shows. Use this one when comparing them please.

Mmm_fish_tacos

7H3

Aug 12, 2014, 09:58 PM Last Edit: Aug 12, 2014, 11:38 PM by 7H3
Sony
Summary:
15 new games, Share Play, and 10m sold to customers !!!!!!MEGATON SILENT HILL!!!!!!!
Spoiler for Hidden:
The Order trailer<br />LBP3 trailer<br />Bloodborne trailer<br />montage<br />10m sell through announced<br />The Tomorrow Children announced<br />The Vanishing of Ethan Carter announced<br />Volume announced<br />Paradox partnership details, some games teased<br />DayZ PS4 announced<br />Hellblade announced<br />Rime trailer/gameplay<br />Indie montage<br />Destiny, stats n stuff, multiplayer trailer<br />Far Cry 4 details, trailers<br />Shadow of Mordor trailer<br />MGSV details, Kojima on stage<br />P.T. Horror game announced, AVAILABLE NOW<br />Update 2.0 detailed<br />Morpheus, PS TV, PS Now detailed<br />Until Dawn re-announced for PS4, trailer<br />Driveclub gameplay, details<br />Tearaway for PS4 announced<br />Housemarque new game announced: Alienation<br />Wild announced

Microsoft
Summary:
1 new game, bundles
Spoiler for Hidden:
Summary: <br />AC Unity trailer<br />FUT Legends Bundle, fifa for free<br />Indies montage, Close ups on Space Engineers, Super Hot, Escapists, SMITE, Below<br />COD: AW, first gameplay of the show 1TB bundle $500<br />Evolve, gameplay<br />Rise of the Tomb Raider announced holiday 2015. XB1 exclusive! MEGATON<br />Quantum Break gameplay<br />Fable Legends<br />Screamride announced, trailer, XB1 exlusive<br />New Forza 5 content<br />Forza Horizon 2 preview<br />Ori gameplay<br />Sunset Overdrive trailer<br />Master Chief Collection, Halo Channel, gameplay

info shamelessly stolen from Xevross
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

Sony had way more new stuff and more stuff in general. MS had the same old CoD, AC, Sunset, Forza, Halo

Xevross

Sony announced approximately 15 more new games. There's only one winner.

MS focussed too much on games that were already announced. Yes, they were their big games but we want to see new stuff! Sony knows that we've seen enough of their upcoming titles (Driveclub, LBP, The Order) so they can focus on the new games, which they did. The only negative is that I think they should've spent 5 mins on Bloodborne and given a gameplay demo, a trailer isn't enough.

mustacheman

Both conferences were really good and enjoyable in their own way. Can't we just enjoy them both?

Xevross

Sony
Summary:
Spoiler for Hidden:
The Order trailer
LBP3 trailer
Bloodborne trailer
montage
10m sell through announced
The Tomorrow Children announced
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter announced
Volume announced
Paradox partnership details, some games teased
DayZ PS4 announced
Hellblade announced
Rime trailer/gameplay
Indie montage
Destiny, stats n stuff, multiplayer trailer
Far Cry 4 details, trailers
Shadow of Mordor trailer
MGSV details, Kojima on stage
P.T. Horror game announced, AVAILABLE NOW
Update 2.0 detailed
Morpheus, PS TV, PS Now detailed
Until Dawn re-announced for PS4, trailer
Driveclub gameplay, details
Tearaway for PS4 announced
Housemarque new game announced: Alienation
Wild announced

Microsoft
Summary:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Summary:
AC Unity trailer
FUT Legends Bundle, fifa for free
Indies montage, Close ups on Space Engineers, Super Hot, Escapists, SMITE, Below
COD: AW, first gameplay of the show 1TB bundle $500
Evolve, gameplay
Rise of the Tomb Raider announced holiday 2015. XB1 exclusive! MEGATON
Quantum Break gameplay
Fable Legends
Screamride announced, trailer, XB1 exlusive
New Forza 5 content
Forza Horizon 2 preview
Ori gameplay
Sunset Overdrive trailer
Master Chief Collection, Halo Channel, gameplay

lol just look how many times I had to type announced for Sony.

Xevross

Both conferences were really good and enjoyable in their own way. Can't we just enjoy them both?

We can enjoy both but we can enjoy one more than the other! ;D

7H3

definitely, I haven't fully caught up on MS conference yet though... )o: Sony's was really good i thought and showed some amazing games.
I watched QB gameplay and still not sure what to think about it. Looks like it should be a fun game though

Legend

We can enjoy them both, but we can compare them too. I'm not asking which was better.

ethomaz

There nothing much to say...

MS got the biggest exclusive but it turned bad new because they don't know how to be clear in PR... so all the impress in shiting them (even non-gaming).

Sony showed game after game after game... almost 1 game each 3 minutes... and to be fair fudgy interesting games.

I can't wait to get home to play this horror demo.

Another key point was that all MS games are set to holidays 2015... Sony Holidays 2014.

7H3

hmm yes it does seem that the gap of amount games available on each system will only grow... at the end of may sony had 17 more games i think

7H3

lol just look how many times I had to type announced for Sony.

did I miss any other big news in the summary text?

ethomaz

So what did you think about both conference? Please don't hide your opinion from us.

Riderz1337

Really from a pure games perspective, Sony won hands down. They had the most new game reveals. I'm excited for that game called The Wild especially, but I'm also interested in other titles such as Rime and Alienation (I love Housemarque)

Plus the new Order trailer that was released before the show...Oh lord, watch the uncompressed footage from Gamersyde. Mind blown.

On the MS side I didn't really find anything that stuck out. I mean sure the Tomb Raider thing is big news, but why would I care if I'll get the chance to play it a couple of months later on my PC. Hopefully I'll have a new GPU by then. The QB video was a let down. It just seemed like a cover shooter where you were the Flash. I'm still looking forward to that game though cause of Remedy's pedigree.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Go Up