Get hyped: Special Metal Gear Solid V: TPP stream announced for gamescom, hosted by Keighley

Started by Dr. Pezus, Aug 11, 2014, 10:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

KONAMI PRESENTS: 'THE MGSV GAMESCOM PREVIEW SHOW'
Cologne to play host to gala evening dedicated to Hideo Kojima and METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. is to host an exclusive gala evening to celebrate its forthcoming METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN title. Taking place in Cologne, Germany, the event will coincide with gamescom - Europe's largest consumer gaming event - and will feature an exclusive presentation by series creator, Hideo Kojima.

Hosted by videogame journalist and SPIKE TV host, Geoff Keighley, the large-scale event will take place at Cologne's Musical Dome venue on August 13th. The 1600-capacity auditorium will play host to a special event focusing on the latest details KONAMI plans to reveal on Mr Kojima's most ambitious METAL GEAR SOLID ever. Mr. Kojima himself will exclusively present new gameplay of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN, which will show the impressive capabilities of Kojima Productions' breathtaking FOX Engine and more!

The evening will also feature a live Q&A session with Mr. Kojima and a few surprises, too. KONAMI will also be running a series of competitions and partnership ties where die-hard METAL GEAR SOLID fans can win invites. Further details of ticket availability will be announced shortly. For those who won't be at gamescom, KONAMI has you covered. The event will exclusively broadcast on Twitch, the world's leading video platform and community for gamers, and will air live from Cologne during gamescom week.

The hour-long show will air on the KONAMI Twitch channel (www.twitch.tv/KONAMI) beginning at 8:00PM (CET) on August 13th.

gamescom is Europe's largest consumer event and is held in Cologne between August 13th-17th. METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN will be a focal part of KONAMI's presence at the show. The game follows the events of the recently released prologue, METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES - and the special event and gamescom will give visitors the chance to see the sheer scale and ambition of the new title. METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN focuses on Snake, the series´ hero, as he embarks on a mission fuelled by revenge. The new game boasts huge open-world areas with stunning attention to detail, as the true power of the FOX Engine is revealed. These additions and the capabilities afforded by the new wave of consoles has allowed series creator, Hideo Kojima, to realize the scale and story he has always envisaged.

KONAMI will use both the gala event and the show to present new details about the game, cementing its reputation as the most extensive and ambitious METAL GEAR SOLID ever. METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN will be released for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360.

KONAMI´s booth is located in hall 7.1 A030/A031. The booth for business partners and media can be found in hall 5.2/A032.

ethomaz

I just need that game.

7H3

Aug 11, 2014, 11:46 PM Last Edit: Aug 12, 2014, 12:06 AM by Legend
not hyped :P don't care about MGS at all

user was banned for this post - Leglord
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

They will announce the release date for sure

Dr. Pezus

dang, son. That is blasphemy

ethomaz

We need a mod right now to ban you :P

7H3

lmao
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

lol that was fast  ;D

Dr. Pezus

I know that reference

darkknightkryta

I wonder if the game is ever gonna get released, they said that they're waiting for a bigger install base from the Xbox One and PS4, and with the way the Xbox One is selling, it looks like it may never get released.

ethomaz

I wonder if the game is ever gonna get released, they said that they're waiting for a bigger install base from the Xbox One and PS4, and with the way the Xbox One is selling, it looks like it may never get released.

It is 2015... Kojima already said I guess.

darkknightkryta

It is 2015... Kojima already said I guess.

Kojima never gave a release date for the game...

Dr. Pezus

Kojima never gave a release date for the game...

Hasn't 2015 been announced though? I always assumed early-mid 2015

darkknightkryta

Hasn't 2015 been announced though? I always assumed early-mid 2015

The most people have to go by is when you activate your Ground Zeroes code on the Konami website.  They mention 2015 to get your DLC, but that doesn't mean anything.  Konami has given no date for release; other than they want a larger install base for the game to sell too.  Though, my joke was kinda wrong cause he only mentioned PS4: "It looks like we'll be able to release The Phantom Pain around the time that the PlayStation 4 becomes widely adapted."