Sony Xperia Z3 compact specs leaked!

Started by 7H3, Jul 08, 2014, 04:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/558182/20140707/sony-xperia-z3-compact-z2-x2a.htm

Earlier this week, we reported that freshly leaked images from Xperia Blog showcased the upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact handsets. Nevertheless, the leaked images did not give out much information on the software or hardware specifications. But now, the new leaks pertaining to Sony Xperia Z3 Compact have revealed several specifications from sources named D580x and DooMLoRD.
According to the source D580x (picked up by Slash Gear), Sony Xperia Z3 Compact features 720p display. And the handset will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor.

In addition to the above source, DooMLoRD, a famous XDA developer and a Xperia community regular, who is considered as one of the credible tipsters in the tech world says the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact will house some of the high-end features from the flagship counterpart Xperia Z3.

Going by DooMLoRD's specs, the Xperia Z3 Compact will be powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor clocked at 2.5 GHz, along with Adreno 330 GPU. In addition, the Xperia Z3 Compact will house a solid 2 GB of RAM, similar to Xperia Z2 Compact
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BananaKing

well i just got a Z1 compact, its coming to me in 9 days. so i couldnt care much for these lol. however, i think for sony, this flagship every 6 months thing is a good one.

Mmm_fish_tacos

well i just got a Z1 compact, its coming to me in 9 days. so i couldnt care much for these lol. however, i think for sony, this flagship every 6 months thing is a good one.

Get a screen protector. Sony uses a shatter film on the out side. It scratche's super easy.

Mmm_fish_tacos

They stopped using it on the z2

nnodley

I still would love to get one of these, but sony is being stupid by not releasing them to US carriers.  They will never be in the top of smartphones if they don't start trying to get them to everyone.  I'm getting the lg g3 on friday! CAN'T WAIT!

Mmm_fish_tacos

I still would love to get one of these, but sony is being stupid by not releasing them to US carriers.  They will never be in the top of smartphones if they don't start trying to get them to everyone.  I'm getting the lg g3 on friday! CAN'T WAIT!

Have you checked into t mobile? As long as you don't live in Bfe it's really good.

darkknightkryta

What happened with nvidia?  It's like Tegra disappeared.

7H3

Maybe they are charging new then the competition? Sony is also releasing a selfie front facing flash phone...I'll be curious to see what is available in 6 months when I'm looking for a new phone.

Dr. Pezus

the Xperia Z3 Compact will be powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor clocked at 2.5 GHz

More powerful than PS4 confirmed?

7H3

Jul 08, 2014, 03:12 PM Last Edit: Jul 08, 2014, 05:26 PM by 7H3
If these micro processors were really more powerful than traditional pc parts wouldn't custom pc's be built with those parts?

fixed auto-correct errors :P

darkknightkryta

Jul 08, 2014, 04:02 PM Last Edit: Jul 08, 2014, 05:25 PM by 7H3

If these micro processors were really more powerful than traditional pc parts wouldn't custom pc's be built with those parts?

WEEEEEELLLLL, no.  Not until Arm finds a way to integrate x86/64 into their processors.  Once that happens, then yes.

BananaKing

Get a screen protector. Sony uses a shatter film on the out side. It scratche's super easy.

from what i understand its not the screen its self but a layer above it right? ill get a screen protector either way but i just want to make sure that if it gets scratched it wont be expensive to replace.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yes, it basically comes with a factory protection, that you can't remove and replace.

BananaKing

Yes, it basically comes with a factory protection, that you can't remove and replace.

pretty stupid if you ask me, lol. thanks for the reminder though. ill put a screen protector as soon as i get it. how is your phone with you btw?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well I had to send my first one back. The back was coming loose. I just got my replacement yesterday. First thing I did was put a special tape we use at work on it till I can.get to the store to get a screen protector. I hope it was just a fluke.