The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Got my brother to try the Oculus Rift finally.  He ended up playing a full match of Brass Tactics, and deeply enjoyed it.

the-pi-guy

My brother is back to playing Brass Tactics.  

I literally haven't met anyone who tried and still didn't think VR is cool.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Wipeout VR is supposedly one of the best VR experiences out there.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Using my headset as a big screen to program in, isn't too bad.  :D

the-pi-guy

"It's too early to tell whether Disney or Penthouse, the Pentagon or Wall Street, Hollywood or Sony, computers or telecommunication networks or some unanticipated coalition will occupy the dominant niches in the ecology of a maturing VR industry."

Legend

I can't wait for 6 degree of freedom video to become standard for VR. I have a lot of experience with light fields and it's such a shame watching 360 degree 3D content in VR. Feels like you're at a theme park, not like you're inside the video.

the-pi-guy

I'm not sure if the teleportation is a little wonky or if I was experiencing a little bit of shift in the sensors.  

I'm guessing there wasn't really an issue, but that I was standing somewhere else each time I teleported, so it only seemed like there was a shift relative to where I was the last time.
So, as I thought, this was intentional.  No issue with shift.  There was a GDC talk where they talk about this.

Legend

So, as I thought, this was intentional.  No issue with shift.  There was a GDC talk where they talk about this.

link?

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Sometimes I use my headset as an office space, so that wifey doesn't have to listen to me listen to music on repeat.

Legend

Sometimes I use my headset as an office space, so that wifey doesn't have to listen to me listen to music on repeat.

You can do that without going into VR...

the-pi-guy

You can do that without going into VR...
I can't do it in space without VR.  :P

It gives me an excuse!

the-pi-guy

Legend

Go Up