VizionEck Cube Royale OT: the phantom game

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Mar 12, 2018, 11:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Mar 16, 2018, 04:35 AM Last Edit: Mar 16, 2018, 07:12 AM by Legend
Ok next up, I need AI sorted out. Can't reveal it having AI bots unless I'm confident I can make them.

The AI needs to play fair and not cheat so it's a big challenge. It needs a system that can plan ahead and use strategy while playing similar to a human. This is because I want the AI to act as a proper replacement to play against if humans can't be used.

There are a lot of systems at play during gameplay and I'm not sure how to structure it.

EDT: I think this method might work.

The AI would have a playbook full of strategies and combo like actions. These would all be evaluated on a regular basis to determine which plays are applicable to the near term situation, the potential rewards of each play, and difficulty in successfully executing the play. The best play for the situation is selected and the AI pilots the cube to try and execute the play. During this time it'd regularly check if it should abort or switch to a similar play with a different ending.

I like this idea because it'd make the AI play like a human: it'd think in familiar chunks instead of inventing combos/chains every frame. Don't have to worry about it using an exploit to win. Also could make the AI "learn" during matches which would be really awesome. If the AI failed the same move back to back it'd be trivial to stop the AI from continuing to attempt that move. Similarly if a risky move succeeded twice in a row, then the AI could keep using that move.