previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Pros:

Any size screen you want.
1080p 3D
Excellent colors.
No view able pixels!
Cost, it  looks more expensive than it really is.
Mind blown

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

nnodley

AHH! I'm so jelly of you right now.  My house is going to have some sort of theater room in it.  There is just no excuse not too.  I don't care if I would have to sleep in the room because of being broke buying the seats and everything else.  But sadly I won't likely have my own house for like 5 to 7 years.  WAAHHHHH!!

Probably will be living in an apartment for a few years after I graduate college.

Mmm_fish_tacos

AHH! I'm so jelly of you right now.  My house is going to have some sort of theater room in it.  There is just no excuse not too.  I don't care if I would have to sleep in the room because of being broke buying the seats and everything else.  But sadly I won't likely have my own house for like 5 to 7 years.  WAAHHHHH!!

Probably will be living in an apartment for a few years after I graduate college.

Well im setting this up in an apartment. I just got a two bedroom and the extra room is going to be my game/movie room. We aren't doing anything fancy with the furniture in there just yet. Just a futon and a old coffee table. I'll ceiling mount the projector and set all the stuff on some cheap little entertainment center, most likely from walmart. I think i should have about 1000 dollars into this project by the time I'm done. Really, i doesn't cost as much as people might think. But it can also cost several 1000's more if you wanted it to.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Some numbers for my quick set up.

Projected 7 feet 7 inches from screen

73 inch diagonal
63 inch wide
3 feet tall

my diablo character is 5.5 inches tall!

nnodley

Well im setting this up in an apartment. I just got a two bedroom and the extra room is going to be my game/movie room. We aren't doing anything fancy with the furniture in there just yet. Just a futon and a old coffee table. I'll ceiling mount the projector and set all the stuff on some cheap little entertainment center, most likely from walmart. I think i should have about 1000 dollars into this project by the time I'm done. Really, i doesn't cost as much as people might think. But it can also cost several 1000's more if you wanted it to.

Yeah I want a legit theater room with a huge screen and two rows of 3-4 seats at different elevations.  It still wouldn't be a whole lot overall for what you can get but probably would be over 5000 for what I want.  I would hope it wouldn't go over 10,000.  Would be ridiculous.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah I want a legit theater room with a huge screen and two rows of 3-4 seats at different elevations.  It still wouldn't be a whole lot overall for what you can get but probably would be over 5000 for what I want.  I would hope it wouldn't go over 10,000.  Would be ridiculous.

That would be amazing, what kind of projector are you looking to get?

nnodley

That would be amazing, what kind of projector are you looking to get?

Not looking yet.  Have a long time till I would be able to do all that I want.  If I ever get an apartment in like LA or seattle hopefully, then I might look into one.  But I guess it won't hurt to look around now though and see which brands are the best.

nnodley

Ok so I am so surprised how cheap projector screens really are at least some of them.  If I ended up getting a part time job and save up money I could get a cheap set up for my room that I could take with me to any apartment I get.  HOLY shame I WANT A JOB NOW!!

Mmm_fish_tacos

nnodley

Get a job!

I always say I will, but then I start school and as of now my parents are helping me get through school so I don't have anything to pay for.  So i'm like, eh, maybe next semester. lulz

Mmm_fish_tacos

So i just ordered my screen. It's a silver ticket 120 inch fixed screen. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CYLOTPK/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

Also, Last week i picked up a samsung sound bar on sale at bestbuy for 130. It's 300w with a wireless sub. which i think i will be okay for a small room in an apartment.

I cant wait, only one more week till i have my appartment, dedicated game room and 50 MBPS internet! Hype level beyond 9000.

Total so far,

729 benq w1070
130 samsung sound bar
250 120inch fixed screen

1109 USD.

nnodley

So i just ordered my screen. It's a silver ticket 120 inch fixed screen. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CYLOTPK/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

Also, Last week i picked up a samsung sound bar on sale at bestbuy for 130. It's 300w with a wireless sub. which i think i will be okay for a small room in an apartment.

I cant wait, only one more week till i have my appartment, dedicated game room and 50 MBPS internet! Hype level beyond 9000.

Total so far,

729 benq w1070
130 samsung sound bar
250 120inch fixed screen

1109 USD.

That pretty good considering my parents bought our 70" vizio for like $1300

Mmm_fish_tacos

That pretty good considering my parents bought our 70" vizio for like $1300

Yeah, I know. It's pretty crazy actually. I was looking at over 1000 for a 55 inch. And considering what i got for about the same money i couldn't be happier. So glad i stumbled across that article on the internet about gaming tvs. As i wouldn't have ever thought to buy a projector, considering my experience gaming on one at a friends house. all i could think about was, how can they stand playing like this, although that was a few years ago, and it seems projectors have come along way sense then.

Go Up