Dr. Pezus

So only about 10% of men in the game should be clean shaven. Interesting
This is America though?

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

Might not be :P
American journal of sociology. Sounds kind of...likely

darkknightkryta

Guys I moved your discussion about the worth of a game into its own thread.  Go talk there :P

Legend

Some very minor spoilers

darkknightkryta

I finally managed to play more of The Order. It looks about as good as the FMV sequences in Final Fantasy XII and close to the FMV from Final Fantasy XIII which is very impressive.  The female soldier's hot.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Finally playing The Order.  About an hour in. 
Visually incredible.  10/10
Gameplay is great, feels a little off though 9/10.
A lot of cut scenes, QTEs so far.  QTEs aren't bad though. 

Dr. Pezus

Finally playing The Order.  About an hour in. 
Visually incredible.  10/10
Gameplay is great, feels a little off though 9/10.
A lot of cut scenes, QTEs so far.  QTEs aren't bad though. 

you aren't bad either

the-pi-guy

you aren't bad either

Sometimes I am.  :P
They certainly aren't the worst QTE's I've seen. 

the-pi-guy

About 6 hours in.  Still a ways to go. 

the-pi-guy

Completed, about 7 hours. 

Visually the game is lovely, and grotesque when it feels it needs to be.   -10/10
Gameplay wise, it's great.  I did run into a little trouble though, but the gunplay itself is great.  QTE's are a little bit more trouble than they should be.  They are mostly not a bother, but they can be.  Gunplay -9.5/10, QTEs -6/10, Standard gameplay - 9/10.
What I'd like to see somehow happen is have all the QTE's patched out and go the Uncharted route with some of it. 
Spoiler for Minor Uncharted/The Order gameplay spoiler:
There was even a part of the game that reminded me exactly of a level from Uncharted 2. Where Drake jumps across and the thing breaks.  Except in The Order, this gameplay part is replaced with a QTE. Something like this, and the fact that when you stealth kill a soldier requires a QTE unlike the button prompt in Uncharted.  It's an issue I think. It's a little bit more trouble than it's worth is my take.

Story - good, not great.  Left some to be desired. -7.5/10
Spoiler for More Uncharted/The Order Spoilers+Super Spoilers:
<br />-The story devices used in The Order is similar to Uncharted 2.&nbsp; Where there's an intro that's very far into the story, then you spend much of the game just trying to get to the point that the intro was at.&nbsp; Except I feel it's a little sloppier.&nbsp; We don't really get a great intro to the characters like we do with Uncharted.&nbsp; Uncharted I knew everyone's name, here I know almost everyone's name, but it kinda felt like it took a lot longer to do so.&nbsp; I think the biggest issue with the intro, is just how much it uses QTE's and cut scenes.&nbsp; The game gets so much better and has so much more to offer than that. <br /><br />-Tesla gets bonus points.&nbsp; <br /><br />-I still have questions about the Percival.&nbsp; <br />Lots of the chapters seem to just be cut scenes.<br />I feel like the story must go on.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <br />

Sound has great potential, but they only go so far with music.  -8/10

Overall an 8/10 game I think.
I think it could be a fantastic game if they relied less on the QTE's and went further in depth with the story. 
If they were to patch the QTEs, and release some substantial DLC, this would easily be a 9/10 game. 

Dr. Pezus

I hope they get to make a sequel

Go Up