Apparently some people are here (talking about the dress)

Started by Legend, Feb 27, 2015, 06:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:
It's blue and black. How the heck do people think it's white and gold? I mean I can see that the photo's colors are messed up making both colors more yellow, but that doesn't change the color of the dress itself.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

I'm so confused about what this is about. 
How can anyone see that as white? 
The gold I can see, but pretty sure it's black.  MS paint is no help with the black. 
Yeah, it's overexposed I guess, if that's the right word. 

Legend

The gold I can see, but pretty sure it's black.  MS paint is no help with the black. 

I don't know. I've been seeing it all over social media and reddit. So many people would swear on their lives that the dress is white and gold.

the-pi-guy

So weird. 
I'm just using MS paint, but the blue ranges from a bluish gray to a more bluish color.  I don't understand the white, even with how messed up the picture is. 
The black is like dark brownish-gold to dark brown to black, depending on where I check. 

Max King of the Wild

Just read the chertz thread on this. Everyone said white and gold... I never saw anything other than blue/Purple/lilac and black.

Max King of the Wild

I don't know. I've been seeing it all over social media and reddit. So many people would swear on their lives that the dress is white and gold.
on vgchertz they are stating it as fact. "the dress is definitely gold and white"

BasilZero

I'll post what I posted on GAF

That is so strange...

After looking at another post of the picture being blue and black....it showed up as blue and black for me for a few seconds and then it became white and gold.........wtf o.O

Anyways its interesting that I see the "wrong" color lol.

Here's a better image/explanation of this phenomenon.

ethomaz

It is white and gold more me but my girl see blue and black.

Most people will see white and gold (it is scientifically proved) but the dress is really blue and black.

ethomaz

Over 70% of the people see white and gold :P

ethomaz

BTW this is the real color of the dress.

It is a scientific phenomenal due the illumination most people will see white and gold... it is not strange... it is fine to see white and gold.

ethomaz

OMG.

I see it in blue and black right now but second by second it goes clearing until white and gold again lol

Legend

Over 70% of the people see white and gold :P

But why?

Obviously it doesn't matter what color the pixels in the image are, but on how our brain percieves them. Do 70% of people not have enough experience with materials and lighting conditions to correctly determine the base color?

I guess as a game dev I have an unfair advantage. I'm always looking and watching how light affects a scene. It's something Ideal with almost daily so I guess I percieve the dress from that angle.

Mmm_fish_tacos

But why?

Obviously it doesn't matter what color the pixels in the image are, but on how our brain percieves them. Do 70% of people not have enough experience with materials and lighting conditions to correctly determine the base color?

I guess as a game dev I have an unfair advantage. I'm always looking and watching how light affects a scene. It's something Ideal with almost daily so I guess I pe

rcieve the dress from that angle.

Yes, and color blindness has some to do with it as well as its an optical illusions.

Legend

Go Up