Xbox live gold now temporarily only $40

Started by Legend, Feb 26, 2015, 10:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Feb 26, 2015, 10:55 PM Last Edit: Feb 27, 2015, 04:14 PM by Legend
Microsoft has cut the annual cost of an Xbox Live Gold subscription.

Instead of paying the usual fee of $60 a year, you can become an Xbox Live Gold member for $40. The fine print doesn't indicate whether this is a temporary promotion and, if so, when the sale might end.

Dr. Pezus

Wut. First they race it to $60 when they're successful and then lower it to $40 when they're not.

Legend

Wut. First they race it to $60 when they're successful and then lower it to $40 when they're not.

Pretty sure 's temporary.i

darkknightkryta

Maybe they're trying to keep it low to entice PC gamers.  Since they failed the first time.

BasilZero

Maybe they're trying to keep it low to entice PC gamers.  Since they failed the first time.

And their gonna fail at that too.

7H3

great price though... really didn't see a point of it on the original xbox but from what I've heard there are some really good network features beyond the paywalls that I never really heard advertised just word of mouth from xbox users.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

darkknightkryta

great price though... really didn't see a point of it on the original xbox but from what I've heard there are some really good network features beyond the paywalls that I never really heard advertised just word of mouth from xbox users.

To tell you the truth, it made sense on the first Xbox.  It didn't make sense on the 360.  Like, every developer were allowed to use dedicated servers on the original Xbox.  The 360 was all peer to peer, they were literally making you pay to use your internet.

Dr. Pezus

$40 is still way too high for PC gamers lol. Try $0

darkknightkryta

$40 is still way too high for PC gamers lol. Try $0

Hey I didn't say people were gonna buy it