The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Review Thread: 96 OC (98 Reviews) 97 MC (97 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, Mar 02, 2017, 02:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

Sorry, you can fix your post if you want. It looks funny now.
Nah it is fine... I was just joking I don't have money to buy it for some years :(

ethomaz

Well when a game got capped due newer version.

Kotaku: Zelda director discusses WiiU functions and other things cut from BotW - NeoGAF

http://kotaku.com/hookshots-wii-u-ma...-fr-1793056895
 Hookshot Rune:
“Hookshot was (one) we experimented with and tested, as well as (the) Beetle from Skyward Sword,” Fujibayashi said, referring to the flying mechanical insect that you could use to grab items and drop bombs on enemies. “After a lot of experimentation and testing, we weeded out all the ones that had potential to detract from the gameplay and enjoying the game. What’s left currently, the four items, were really what would draw out the fun of the game.”

Regenerating Health:
“We had talked about the idea of maybe — usually the heart gauge decreases from the right, having it decrease from the left,” Fujibayashi said. “Or have it naturally regain over time... We actually did that with a number of things in the game that don’t look like they changed in the final product. Actually, during our experimentation we tried to change them, and then realized, ‘Oh, this is actually really well thought out.’”

The Greatest Sin:
“When it was originally just for the Wii U, we had touch controls,” said Fujibayashi. “But we had to remove them... Although it was not very flashy or exciting work, it was still time-consuming and difficult.”
 In Breath of the Wild, one of Link’s main tools is the Sheikah Slate, a device that resembles the Wii U GamePad and allows Link to interact with the world. Originally, this Sheikah Slate was going to be far more connected to Wii U GamePad, to the point where Fujibayashi and the other developers had to overhaul parts of the story when they decided to bring Breath of the Wild to Switch as well.
 “We felt that the way the Sheikah Slate is represented in the game and how we use the GamePad in real life synced really well,” said Fujibayashi. “So when we had to remove it, I did feel like, ‘Oh, it’s too bad we had to do that.’ And because it was so tied into the scenario, we did have to go back and redesign and rethink the scenario, which was a little bit (of) hard work.”

Okay let's try this again. Complain about spoilers and die.

Dam Wii U low sales

darkknightkryta

I would encourage everyone here to play this game if you can find a way. If you liked horizon you like this one too.
I have my Wii U copy  8)

BasilZero

I would encourage everyone here to play this game if you can find a way. If you liked horizon you like this one too.
Bought the WiiU version last Friday.

Havent played it yet.

Will get to it this upcoming weekend (hopefully will finish Ratchet and Clank by that time).

DerNebel

Jim Sterling and Slant Magazin with the upset, after a 7 and 6 from those two respectively the game has lost its 98 metascore.

Xevross

Jim Sterling and Slant Magazin with the upset, after a 7 and 6 from those two respectively the game has lost its 98 metascore.
Lol, RIP.

I might have to watch that Jim Sterling review

Aura7541

Curious to read up on Jim's thoughts. I'm surprised he gave Zelda a 7.

Legend

Booo

DerNebel

Lol, RIP.

I might have to watch that Jim Sterling review
There's currently only a written review, but the internets reaction is hilarious as expected. Always amazing to see people flip their shame over a review score they don't like.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Review - Open World, Closed Doors - The Jimquisition

BasilZero

Legend

There's currently only a written review, but the internets reaction is hilarious as expected. Always amazing to see people flip their shame over a review score they don't like.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Review - Open World, Closed Doors - The Jimquisition
Jim giving it a 7 is whatever. He's known for that type of stuff and it's still somewhat positive. Slant giving it a 6 is blasphemy.

Aura7541

Jim giving it a 7 is whatever. He's known for that type of stuff and it's still somewhat positive. Slant giving it a 6 is blasphemy.
The way Jim and Slate's reviews are written are night and day, too. At least Jim puts in a good effort to justify his opinions whereas Slate doesn't understand the point of why BOTW is constructed the way it is.

ethomaz

The Jim review... is pretty good... people will hate the score but his points are accurate.

Said that 97 is amazing yet.

the-pi-guy

Go Up