I need PC advice. Buying a PC for graphics drawing.

Started by SWORDF1SH, Oct 05, 2016, 04:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

You need to ask CGI-Quality.
I could do. The more input the better

GribbleGrunger

I could do. The more input the better
He'll know better than most. I have to say though, a friend of mine has a few apps on his ipad and they're great, so perhaps that's a decent place for you to start, at least for now ... assuming you have an ipad of course.

SWORDF1SH

My sister is now saying £1400 budget. What can you get with that?

GribbleGrunger

Oct 05, 2016, 08:39 PM Last Edit: Oct 05, 2016, 08:40 PM by GribbleGrunger

SWORDF1SH

He'll know better than most. I have to say though, a friend of mine has a few apps on his ipad and they're great, so perhaps that's a decent place for you to start, at least for now ... assuming you have an ipad of course.
He doesn't have an ipad, just a budget tablet. He's only 13 but my sister wants to try and encourage his interest and see if it develops a talent I suppose. At the least he'll have a decent computer if it comes to nothing.

GribbleGrunger

Oct 05, 2016, 08:49 PM Last Edit: Oct 05, 2016, 09:02 PM by GribbleGrunger
He doesn't have an ipad, just a budget tablet. He's only 13 but my sister wants to try and encourage his interest and see if it develops a talent I suppose. At the least he'll have a decent computer if it comes to nothing.
That's just too much though, man, seriously. Ask CGI was a good set up and mention a price a third of what that budget is. I would also consider looking into an ipad so he can buy one of those apps.

This is a simple one:

There are better ones.

Procreate seems the best one

SWORDF1SH

That's just too much though, man, seriously. Ask CGI was a good set up and mention a price a third of what that budget is. I would also consider looking into an ipad so he can buy one of those apps.

This is a simple one:

There are better ones.
lol I'm not the one suggesting the budget. I think she wants to get him a good professional set up, or as professional as you get with the budget.

Mmm_fish_tacos

My sister is now saying £1400 budget. What can you get with that?
Take a look at these, both decent the surface book is going to a better all around computer. The companion is going to be the better artist tool.

Buy Refurbished Surface Book - Microsoft Store

Cintiq Companion 2 Intel® Core™

dang you for making me look at this stuff again. Now I really want the one below. Who knows how much it's going to cost but with a built in 3d scanner... on my.

Wacom MobileStudio Pro | Wacom

Now you can also build a pc that will blow all of this out of the water, but you'll also have to spend another 1000 bucks for a monitor to match the performance of the first two or deal with one of these.

Which I'm sure he'll lose interest in real fast.

I found a nice gaming build, which should leave you enough to get the programs and monitor and the above tablet. I drop the ssd just to save some cash to apply it towards other goodies.

ThoughtA's Build Guide - Great Gaming Build - PCPartPicker

SWORDF1SH

Wow thanks for the info. Like I messaged Gribs, my sister is treating this very serious and something he could to uni for.

the-pi-guy

Put me in the surface pro camp.  
I haven't actually used one myself, but I know a guy who uses it in math class.  It looks really cool, and seems to work really great for drawing.  

You need to ask CGI-Quality.
Hey, we've actually got quite a bit of PC knowledge here!  

Legend

Wacom adds are now showing up on the forum for me. Thanks guys  ::)

SWORDF1SH

Put me in the surface pro camp. 
I haven't actually used one myself, but I know a guy who uses it in math class.  It looks really cool, and seems to work really great for drawing. 

Hey, we've actually got quite a bit of PC knowledge here! 
lol all the input has been great guys. Thank you so much!!!

darkknightkryta

I can't say how much better a Surface Pro is for drawing, but the Surface 3 Vanilla is probably the best tablet/price ratio.  Best tablet I've used and is pretty snappy for the x7 that's in there.

GribbleGrunger

Oct 06, 2016, 10:26 PM Last Edit: Oct 06, 2016, 10:29 PM by GribbleGrunger
I'm glad you asked this on here. I now can't stop watching Procreate drawings on Youtube.

ZuboSpain

Feb 19, 2018, 01:39 PM Last Edit: Feb 19, 2018, 01:51 PM by ZuboSpain
Mmm_fish_tacos,
You mean they have 3d scanning application on board? I've read about it on the software manufacturers site and I just wonder how is the quality of scanning comparing to they separate scanners.

Go Up