Who is getting Destiny at midnight?

Started by Legend, Sep 09, 2014, 05:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

DD_Bwest

Between line cutters and the system being iced up.. this sucks lol I wanna get my game

Legend

Lame.

Good night.

Oh no. I'm just not going to play it till later.

Good night for real this time.

kitler53

well i pre-ordered it digitally so i would have got it at midnight (or whatever time it unlocked).

call me crazy but i'm not going to load destiny up tonight.  i'm on the last planet of R&C into the nexus and i just want to finish that off tonight before starting destiny.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

well i pre-ordered it digitally so i would have got it at midnight (or whatever time it unlocked).

call me crazy but i'm not going to load destiny up tonight.  i'm on the last planet of R&C into the nexus and i just want to finish that off tonight before starting destiny.

How is Into the Nexus compared to a Crack in Time?

kitler53

Sep 09, 2014, 02:57 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2014, 03:00 PM by kitler53

How is Into the Nexus compared to a Crack in Time?

gameplay wise,.. really good.   they added a jetpack that, while not unique to gaming, is new to the franchise and plays really well.  the newfound verticality is a lot of fun.  otherwise it plays like you'd expect ratchet and clank to play.   the opening sequence was really cool,.. they did some neat stuff with the gravity boots right at the beginning of the game.

story wise is pretty good too.  they experimented a bit more than usual,.. on one level they did a sort of bioshock thing where audio diaries was scattered throughout the ruins of the main villain's childhood home.  a much darker story than normal but not without humor too.  i've enjoyed it.   their are multiple main villians too and, imo, nefin is one of the more charming villians the series has ever had.

the obvious complaint is it's not a "full" game.   they removed the space flight stuff between worlds.  you just go to the main menu area and pick your next planet.   i never enjoyed the space flight segments that much but even still it does a lot to make the game feel small.  the other part of being a smaller game is also having a smaller arsenal of guns.  it's more packed than quest for booty was but you still feel kind of limited in your arsenal at times.   ...especially with the new jetpack/verticality element several guns are just useless while in space fights so you end up with only 3 go to guns at some points in the game.

i got into the nexus on the flash sale for $7 i think and it was absolutely worth it.  the game isn't really any bigger than quest for booty though and a whole lot smaller than a crack in time.  if i had payed the full $30 asking price i think i'd be a bit disappointed because it is less than half the size of CiT.   but at $7 it was the best game i payed for in quite a while.  i absolutely love R&C games though so take my opinion with that in mind.

edit: oh, and clank has these 2D puzzle platforming sections at a few points in the game.  they aren't as awesome as the clank section in CiT were (the time clone thing) but waaay better than the clank section in any other game.  certainly one of the best mini-games they've had throughout the franchise.

darkknightkryta

If I do end up getting the game, it's to get it digitally.  I'd need both versions cause I'd be playing with two sets of people.

Dr. Pezus

gameplay wise,.. really good.   they added a jetpack that, while not unique to gaming, is new to the franchise and plays really well.  the newfound verticality is a lot of fun.  otherwise it plays like you'd expect ratchet and clank to play.   the opening sequence was really cool,.. they did some neat stuff with the gravity boots right at the beginning of the game.

story wise is pretty good too.  they experimented a bit more than usual,.. on one level they did a sort of bioshock thing where audio diaries was scattered throughout the ruins of the main villain's childhood home.  a much darker story than normal but not without humor too.  i've enjoyed it.   their are multiple main villians too and, imo, nefin is one of the more charming villians the series has ever had.

the obvious complaint is it's not a "full" game.   they removed the space flight stuff between worlds.  you just go to the main menu area and pick your next planet.   i never enjoyed the space flight segments that much but even still it does a lot to make the game feel small.  the other part of being a smaller game is also having a smaller arsenal of guns.  it's more packed than quest for booty was but you still feel kind of limited in your arsenal at times.   ...especially with the new jetpack/verticality element several guns are just useless while in space fights so you end up with only 3 go to guns at some points in the game.

i got into the nexus on the flash sale for $7 i think and it was absolutely worth it.  the game isn't really any bigger than quest for booty though and a whole lot smaller than a crack in time.  if i had payed the full $30 asking price i think i'd be a bit disappointed because it is less than half the size of CiT.   but at $7 it was the best game i payed for in quite a while.  i absolutely love R&C games though so take my opinion with that in mind.

edit: oh, and clank has these 2D puzzle platforming sections at a few points in the game.  they aren't as awesome as the clank section in CiT were (the time clone thing) but waaay better than the clank section in any other game.  certainly one of the best mini-games they've had throughout the franchise.

Thanks for the review. I also really like Ratchet and Clank. Wish it got a PS4 port because I don't really touch my PS3 anymore. Well, there's always PS Now.

kitler53

Thanks for the review. I also really like Ratchet and Clank. Wish it got a PS4 port because I don't really touch my PS3 anymore. Well, there's always PS Now.

i heard a rumor it was going to be remastered for ps4..  http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=875.msg38003#msg38003

;)

Dr. Pezus

Go Up