Which studio/game will Microsoft cancel next?

Started by Legend, Mar 07, 2016, 05:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

EDIT: Wow, this sounds like me being a waterfall.
Yeah I think Sea of Thieves looks good!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah I think Sea of Thieves looks good!

Wut?

Legend

Wut?
His original post was about Rare.

Mmm_fish_tacos

His original post was about Rare.
I didn't catch it. But I was making fun of the filter system.

ethomaz

The EU studios will be all closed.

Yeap Rare is one in the black list.

Legend

I didn't catch it. But I was making fun of the filter system.
Wait did you edit your post?

That's not what I remember reading.

BasilZero

The Dream is dead.

Fable and Black & White are gone :(

dang you Don Mattrick........dang you to hell!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Wait did you edit your post?

That's not what I remember reading.
Nope.

the-pi-guy

The Dream is dead.

Fable and Black & White are gone :(

The OP says closure was proposed.  
Maybe they will be spun off?  

That's pretty much how I see it going, either just shut down or spun off.  

Aura7541

dang you Don Mattrick........dang you to hell!
It's hard to pin it all on one person. Phil Spencer watched over 1st party studios before he became head of Xbox. Either he didn't manage Lionhead well or someone higher up said, "fudge it" and pulled the plug.

Raven

The damage control on N4G is so shameless. The same personalities who boasted two years ago about how many studios Microsoft has and that it would lead to an avalanche of games to crush the competition are now telling people "quality over quantity". Quality, huh? Halo's ratings keep dropping, Forza isn't selling like it used to, Coalition has yet to prove itself, Rare has been a running joke, Mojang is pretty much a one-hit wonder right now, still no announcement on what Decisive is working on and they're not even listed among the studios officially, and somehow Xbox Fitness got the nod over Press Play which actually made games and they were good. Yeah. Quality.

the-pi-guy

It's hard to pin it all on one person. Phil Spencer watched over 1st party studios before he became head of Xbox. Either he didn't manage Lionhead well or someone higher up said, "fudge it" and pulled the plug.
Think it's that.  Really weird to shut down a game while it is in beta, and to be released in a few months.  

darkknightkryta

Think it's that.  Really weird to shut down a game while it is in beta, and to be released in a few months.  
Without telling anyone at that.  Literally, they were talking about the beta 4 hours before the game getting cancelled.

Aura7541

If true, then Phil Spencer is more of a figurehead than an actual leader of the Xbox.

the-pi-guy

If true, then Phil Spencer is more of a figurehead than an actual leader of the Xbox.
He's more than a figurehead.  
It's just there's people above him.

Go Up