Which studio/game will Microsoft cancel next?

Started by Legend, Mar 07, 2016, 05:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Mar 07, 2016, 05:17 PM Last Edit: Mar 07, 2016, 05:34 PM by Legend
Microsoft's announcement this morning was pretty shocking, so naturally we have to twist it every way and make more threads. Predict the next studio to be shut down or have their announced game cancelled before release. Only thinking about the near future/2016.

Winner(s) get $1,000.

Options

• No closure/cancel
  • Rare/Sea of Thieves
  • Turn10/Forza 6 PC
  • The Coalition/Gears 4
  • Team Dakota
  • One of their other first party studios that seems to only exist on Wikipedia
  • Scalebound
  • ReCore
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Killer Instinct Season 3
  • Crackdown 3

DerNebel

That's such a mean thing to bet on....Rare/Sea of Thieves

Dr. Pezus

Sea of thieves. Not sure if they'll close rare along with it or just have them make hololens games

the-pi-guy

• Rare/Sea of Thieves
  • Team Dakota

Definitely one of these.  Or maybe several of that last one.  

"Studios ___, ____, ____ are all being shut down today.  No jobs lost, because they didn't really exist"

kitler53

Microsoft's announcement this morning was pretty shocking, so naturally we have to twist it every way and make more threads. Predict the next studio to be shut down . Only thinking about the near future/2016.

Winner(s) get $1,000.

Options

• Rare
  • Turn10
  • The Coalition
  • All of the above

fixed your OP to make it a better troll.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

and rare obviously.  sea of thieves looked terrible and kinect sports was a flop.

Legend

Definitely one of these.  Or maybe several of that last one.  

"Studios ___, ____, ____ are all being shut down today.  No jobs lost, because they didn't really exist"
Have to pick just one if you want in on the pot.

and rare obviously.  sea of thieves looked terrible and kinect sports was a flop.
I'm betting Team Dakota. Word is the studios already been cleaned out to just a skeleton crew keeping project spark running.

DerNebel

Wait, I've also just heard about this happening a couple weeks ago, this completely went past me.

Gigantic Developer Performs 'Significant, Temporary' Layoffs - IGN

Gigantic could be cancelled as well, doesn't look like too many people would care though, since I didn't even see this news on reddit, where it was probably only discussed on the X1 subreddit.

Legend

Wait, I've also just heard about this happening a couple weeks ago, this completely went past me.

Gigantic could be cancelled as well, doesn't look like too many people would care though, since I didn't even see this news on reddit, where it was probably only discussed on the X1 subreddit.
Woah how did this not make the news?

Gigantic didn't have AAA hype, but it was still a pretty hot game with a strong media presence.

Ludicrous Speed

Legend

kitler53

Do I win?
7. One of their other first party studios that seems to only exist on Wikipedia

pretty sure you lose to this option.

dang if true.  gigantic looked really good.  better (imo) than paragon and all those other moba's.  i really like the visual style of it.

the-pi-guy

Do I win?
Nah, I was closer.  I expected 3x7, instead we got like 5x7.  

Xbro

Mar 07, 2016, 11:31 PM Last Edit: Mar 07, 2016, 11:36 PM by Xbro
EDIT: Wow, this sounds like me being a waterfall.
3 people like this

the-pi-guy

EDIT: Wow, this sounds like me being a waterfall.
lol.  :P