Which studio will Sony buy next?

Started by Legend, Feb 05, 2015, 08:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hynad

The question should be: Which studio will Sony sell next?

Legend

The question should be: Which studio will Sony sell next?

Guerrilla Cambridge.

Rorono

Legend

Why?

The studio was just transitioned into a sister studio for Guerrilla games and took over the Killzone franchise. Kinda like how Black Tusk is now the gears studio. They wouldn't have done this unless Cambridge was already on the chopping block imo. Their first game under the new name was Killzone: Mercenary, which despite personally loving was a critical disappointment and financial flop. If their Killzone 5 doesn't rejuvenate the franchise, I could see them being fully absorbed into Guerrilla with tons of layoffs.

the-pi-guy

Why?

I could see it.
My guess is that most of the other studios are too valuable to sell or not valuable enough to be worth selling. 

Naughty Dog, Japan Studio, Polyphony Digital, and a bunch others, are far too valuable for Sony to let go. 

Foster City Studio is a support team.  Only really worth something to Sony.  Might be shut down, but I doubt it.

The only other studio I could see Sony selling is Bend Studio.
The studio has a decent history so they could be worth something, while they haven't made anything lately, so they might be worth less to Sony.

Dr. Pezus

Sony will sell Naughty Dog. Mind blown

Hynad

Feb 07, 2015, 01:27 AM Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015, 01:30 AM by Hynad

Sony will sell Naughty Dog. Mind blown

No chance. ND is the home of ICE, and ICE is Playstation's software R&D house.

the-pi-guy

Lol. 
#NoJokesAllowed

Hynad

Lol. 
#NoJokesAllowed

Yes. I just felt like pointing it out.

Dr. Pezus

Hehe of course, ND would be one of the last Sony studios to get sold. Imagine the backlash though!

Xevross

The world as we know it would end if Sony sold ND! I think its more likely that half life 3 will be made.

Rorono

The studio was just transitioned into a sister studio for Guerrilla games and took over the Killzone franchise. Kinda like how Black Tusk is now the gears studio. They wouldn't have done this unless Cambridge was already on the chopping block imo. Their first game under the new name was Killzone: Mercenary, which despite personally loving was a critical disappointment and financial flop. If their Killzone 5 doesn't rejuvenate the franchise, I could see them being fully absorbed into Guerrilla with tons of layoffs.

I still think they're doing Resistance instead of KZ. And i kinda hope so. I want GG to make one more KZ, at least. I liked SF a lot. They could do it after Horizon.

BasilZero

Should of bought Atlus....

Dr. Pezus

BasilZero

have

Shaddap you Grammar
Spoiler for Hidden:
Nazi

Go Up