Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

7H3

lol yeah... still waiting for new Doctor Who episodes on netflix
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Shinobi-san

Anyone watching any of the 3 I posted? :o

Yep I'm actively watching Cosmos :) Although i think some of the later episodes have been too in depth and overly complex. For the show that it is and the goal they try to achieve with it, i think they needed to dumb down certain parts where they go into long and extended explanations. Personally i didn't think it was too bad but i can see others around me lose interest as they go into detail. The first couple of episodes were awesome though and really well thought out. Sometimes i also feel like they take unnecessary digs at religion.

I started watching Vikings...but for some reason i lost interest towards the end of the first season. I might pick it up again.

I'm currently watching Game of Thrones....and that's about it. I feel like Game of Thrones is losing its edge. Almost nothing happens from episode to episode...and i don't know if that's because of the director or simply because there's a shame load of characters. In any case they need to improve the pacing.

I also just finished watching the first season of Black Sails... apparently that series is shot in Cape Town :) Haha! Another good series, that i recommend to anyone.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Riderz1337

I just can't seem to get into TV shows =/

Really the only one I ever tried watching was Game of Thrones. Got like 40 minutes into the first episode and was bored.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Legend

Yep I'm actively watching Cosmos :) Although i think some of the later episodes have been too in depth and overly complex. For the show that it is and the goal they try to achieve with it, i think they needed to dumb down certain parts where they go into long and extended explanations. Personally i didn't think it was too bad but i can see others around me lose interest as they go into detail. The first couple of episodes were awesome though and really well thought out. Sometimes i also feel like they take unnecessary digs at religion.

I started watching Vikings...but for some reason i lost interest towards the end of the first season. I might pick it up again.

I'm currently watching Game of Thrones....and that's about it. I feel like Game of Thrones is losing its edge. Almost nothing happens from episode to episode...and i don't know if that's because of the director or simply because there's a shame load of characters. In any case they need to improve the pacing.

I also just finished watching the first season of Black Sails... apparently that series is shot in Cape Town :) Haha! Another good series, that i recommend to anyone.

You're saying nothing happens, and yet a major major character just died. I'm going to disagree with you there.

Dr. Pezus

IMO season 2 of Vikings is way better than the first!

Well GoT is following the books so...the worst is yet to come actually. Books 4 and 5 were the dullest (we're on 3 currently). But yeah, I agree with Legend. This season has been awesome for mostly one reason so far :-D

Shinobi-san

You're saying nothing happens, and yet a major major character just died. I'm going to disagree with you there.

Apart from that one major thing that happened absolutely nothing else has happened (that happened in the 2nd episode and we are now already on the 5th). The pacing is definitely off compared to the first two seasons. I felt this drag since last season though. But i think it has something to do with having so much characters and sub plots that you never really give enough focus to one.

Shinobi-san

IMO season 2 of Vikings is way better than the first!

Well GoT is following the books so...the worst is yet to come actually. Books 4 and 5 were the dullest (we're on 3 currently). But yeah, I agree with Legend. This season has been awesome for mostly one reason so far :-D

Dont you think they should condense the content a bit more for the TV series? Seems like they are trying to stretch it. I hope that's not what they are doing. Id rather have fewer seasons with more plot development per episode/season than more seasons with less.

Dr. Pezus

Apart from that one major thing that happened absolutely nothing else has happened (that happened in the 2nd episode and we are now already on the 5th). The pacing is definitely off compared to the first two seasons. I felt this drag since last season though. But i think it has something to do with having so much characters and sub plots that you never really give enough focus to one.

What about the scenes between Jaime and Cersei, Sansa and Littlefinger and the Tyrion trial??

Well I don't think they should condense it more. You know how it is, build up drama and then BOOM something new comes along

7H3

I watched only the first two seasons of GOT... I want to get into Walking Dead, but the first episode I saw on TV seemed to turn into a soft bad stuff in minutes... kinda scared me

Dr. Pezus

I watched only the first two seasons of GOT... I want to get into Walking Dead, but the first episode I saw on TV seemed to turn into a soft bad stuff in minutes... kinda scared me

Lol, the hell?

OT: Now I have watched all 4 of the Fargo episodes currently out. This is some quality TV. Really good!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/?ref_=nv_sr_1

7H3

I might have to check out fargo now as you keep talking about it...

Dr. Pezus

I might have to check out fargo now as you keep talking about it...

Well, you should!

7H3

Now I have to do it...

7H3

hmm can only find the 1996 movie on netflix... oh well

Dr. Pezus

hmm can only find the 1996 movie on netflix... oh well

There are other ways...
Or you could just put it in your "want to watch" list and watch it when it comes to Netflix

Go Up