Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Xevross

Wow!! What an opening!

the-pi-guy

I haven't seen her in much but its great that its a woman for the first time
Politically correct librals ruining our society!!!!  /s

Xevross

As expected it was a build up episode, but a top draw build up episode for me. I think we visited every major set of characters and they each got a fair amount of time, which shows just how few are left now.

nnodley

That cold opening was amazing!! Best premiere in a while.  This season looks to be bonkers!!

Xevross

That cold opening was amazing!! Best premiere in a while.  This season looks to be bonkers!!
Agreed. The cold opening was the best bit. Queen keeps slaying :D

I think it was the second best premiere of the show, behind season 4. Preview for next episode makes it look like the action really kicks off next week.

nnodley

Agreed. The cold opening was the best bit. Queen keeps slaying :D

I think it was the second best premiere of the show, behind season 4. Preview for next episode makes it look like the action really kicks off next week.
I can't believe they actually got us caught up on pretty much every character in just one episode while making it not feel too packed.  Feels so weird only having 6 more episodes this season.  They better bring it!

Xevross

I can't believe they actually got us caught up on pretty much every character in just one episode while making it not feel too packed.  Feels so weird only having 6 more episodes this season.  They better bring it!
Yeah, last season's opener was catch up on every character, except each one got a much shorter segment and they didn't get through all of them. They've seriously cut down now and you can tell from now on every scene is going to be significant. Last season, episode 1 was by far the weakest episode. If that's the same here then it'll be the best season by far.

Xevross

Also I'm so fudgy glad Arya isn't just a killing machine. Her scene with the Lannister soldiers was really good, it showed she's still kind and isn't purely out to kill everyone now. That is, if she didn't kill those soldiers after the scene ends ;D

Its also nice to see some average soldiers who, instead of being psychopaths or idiots like we normally see, talk about their families and their desire to return home. Soldiers who are happy to give a girl, travelling alone, some food. Most of them are probably like that - good people - but we barely ever get to see it.

Legend

Jul 17, 2017, 04:20 AM Last Edit: Jul 17, 2017, 04:22 AM by Legend
Also I'm so fudgy glad Arya isn't just a killing machine. Her scene with the Lannister soldiers was really good, it showed she's still kind and isn't purely out to kill everyone now. That is, if she didn't kill those soldiers after the scene ends ;D

Its also nice to see some average soldiers who, instead of being psychopaths or idiots like we normally see, talk about their families and their desire to return home. Soldiers who are happy to give a girl, travelling alone, some food. Most of them are probably like that - good people - but we barely ever get to see it.
Was kinda odd having Ed Sheeran in the show but I really liked that scene. Kept on worrying she was about to slaughter them all.

Ok episode in general imo.

Nice.

So what do you think about the new doctor?

Took me far too long to realise what you were talking about  :P

She looks british so that's good enough for me. ::)

Legend

nnodley

Hopefully season 2 is early 2018

Mmm_fish_tacos

I hope tonight kicks dog.

Legend

Last week was a good re-introduction. I hope tonight's episode feels more weighty.

Xevross

Agreed, I want some action in this episode. Or at least some big, significant moment. If its still just build up and they're all just chatting about what to do I'll be disappointed.

Go Up