Is smartphone gaming a fad?

Started by Legend, Aug 21, 2014, 01:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I think it is.

Smartphone games are continually becoming better and better, but imo that'll just bring them back to console gaming.

The small and free apps imo will continue but I also think the mega hits like angry birds will stop happening.

Prediction: by 2020, the smartphone app market will be a sub 100 million dollar industry.

ethomaz

People will continue to play the Candy Crush like games while wait something in a room or are in some transport... these games will be always huge.

Dr. Pezus

Agreed. I think the thing they're trying to do with graphics on mobile is a fad. Nobody wants that. They want quick, addictive and easy games that don't destroy your battery

Legend

People will continue to play the Candy Crush like games while wait something in a room or are in some transport... these games will be always huge.

Yeah people will play the games, but it'll be much closer to the eary app days.

darkknightkryta

The bubble already popped in mobile.  The only games I see on the Play market are trash pay to keep on playing games.

Legend

Hey, if mobile dies then Nintendo won't have to make smartphone games!!!

darkknightkryta

Hey, if mobile dies then Nintendo won't have to make smartphone games!!!

Nope.  Though that idea it self is a bad idea.  Like, I don't think they'd make the money people think they'd make.  Pokemon is one of the few games that I think can abuse the "Spend money to buy shame" that cellphone games have become.

ethomaz

I think Nintendo will make a Pokémon for mobile... and I think this type of game works on mobile.

NeverDies

I can definitely see the mobile app industry shrinking. People will all stick to playing several games that are immensely popular, while the indie industry chokes and dies in a forgotten corner of the app store.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />