God of War |OT| Now on PC

Started by Xevross, Apr 11, 2018, 05:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

They are still pretty predictable. There's a reason everyone was worrying about their score. I mean, no main GoW above 8 says it all lol. All of them have had 92+ on meta
Well this is true. It was obvious it wasn't going to be a 10 but whether it was 7, 8, 9 depends on the reviewer.

Dr. Pezus

Anywho, we should be happy that all we're worrying about is whether it gets 95 or 94 on meta!

Thankfully, I think it is pretty secure on OpenCritic with the 95  8)

Xevross

Anywho, we should be happy that all we're worrying about is whether it gets 95 or 94 on meta!

Thankfully, I think it is pretty secure on OpenCritic with the 95  8)
Oh yeah super happy. 94 was my quite optimistic prediction, so that being worse case scenario is fantastic. Also, since its been 95 up to and past launch, the critical period is over. The score will have encouraged people to buy it, and word of mouth takes over from here. Going from 95 --> 94 meta in a few days time will probably cost it about 10 sales WW :P

Legend

Thankfully, I think it is pretty secure on OpenCritic with the 95  8)
But what if once we finish the game we realise it's overrated?  ::)

Xevross

But what if once we finish the game we realise it's overrated?  ::)
Then we cry in a corner and don't rain on everyone else's parades by making multiple threads years down the line trying to get everyone else to agree with us that its a bad god of war game

Legend

Then we cry in a corner and don't rain on everyone else's parades by making multiple threads years down the line trying to get everyone else to agree with us that its a bad god of war game
Oh gosh if this game damages the series as much as Uncharted 4 did for Uncharted then yall are going to hate me even more.

I'll become the anti-fanboy for PlayStation.

Xevross

Oh gosh if this game damages the series as much as Uncharted 4 did for Uncharted then yall are going to hate me even more.

We shall have to mutiny

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Lol everyone was tired of old GoW. This one reinvents it

Xevross

Game rant 100 went up on meta. Jumped from #56 to #52, back above TLOU PS3! Nice!

I tell you what, if GameCritics aren't weighted too highly then 95 may still be possible. It just needs the other 10-15 reviews it gets to be mostly perfect.

Legend

Lol everyone was tired of old GoW. This one reinvents it
I wasn't tired of it but no disagreement is coming from me about the reinvention being smart.

Xevross

Before Giant Bomb's review, it was practically on the border of 94/95. Since then, there's been 15 reviews with an average of 96.1333. One 80 reduces that to 95.125, so EDGE would only need a slightly higher than average weighting to pull GoW back to 94. And we all know they have a much higher weighting than that.

If we assume EDGE has double the average weighting, then GoW needs 3 more perfect scores to avoid dropping back to 94. GameCritics probably have low weighting, so if we assume half average weighting and they give a 70 (probably best case scenario for both), then GoW needs a total of 6 more perfect scores to just balance those two out and make it back to 95. Doable?

Edit: also discounting GameCritics, if Edge's weighting is less than 1.68x the average then 95 is safe. idk what it is exactly, maybe they only go up to 1.5x

Xevross

I also added my running average of every review I can find to the title :P

Obviously that's a much better picture, stupid metacritic weighting. (EDGE already included)

Xevross

Holy fudge at the user score on metacritic. 9.2/10 and its increasing, which makes it the 9th highest game ever.

I don't really know what that says. Either the game is super good or haters don't care about it as much, or fanboys are defending it more strongly than most games. Cool either way.

Xevross

7.5/10 from some random russian reviewer.

I doubt open or meta will count it, but the streaks over boys!

Go Up