Cost per hour in video games

Started by Legend, Nov 20, 2017, 10:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Is this something you care about?

I think about it sometimes but most long games also tend to be so grindy. It's not like every hour is super fun.

DerNebel

I hate the cost per hour way of deciding if a game is good or not, that is so prevalent nowadays. It's that mindset that leads to all the multiplayer focused crud and mindless things devs add into games so that they have more content, no matter if it's actually worthwile or not.

nnodley

I never think about it when buying a game, but sometimes, especially on single player games i play a lot, I think dang I got my money's worth out of this game.  Pretty much never care about it though.

the-pi-guy

Yes.  
If it's good enough, then I can play short games multiple times.  
Long games,  are of course good value if they are good games, all by themselves.  

Take Uncharted 2, finished it in 10 hours, played it 10 times.  100 hours/ 60$ = 1.67 hours per dollar.  That's value!

Xevross

Sometimes I might look back on a game and think the cost per hour was poor, but it never affects my decision to buy a game, and it never affects my overall opinion of a game. I barely ever replay games, so I don't get much time out of the linear stories, but I still love them.