What place has your favorite burger?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 15, 2017, 02:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Dno. Probably around 3500-4500 dollars/month but I have nothing to back that up

No I looked it up and only see data for 2015 but then it was around 5500 dollars before tax (total salary). Now it's probably closer to 6000 then. But my guess above was not for totals but for baseline salary (not including bonuses, work after hours etc(
Yeah so you guys get paid a lot higher on average but things cost a lot higher on average. That must hurt the tourism industry.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah so you guys get paid a lot higher on average but things cost a lot higher on average. That must hurt the tourism industry.
Well the tourism is out of control anyway. Insane growth the last few years.
It's really only the past 1-2 years where the Icelandic króna has strengthened a lot, especially compared to the pound and dollar so stuff seems more expensive now than it was. For us though it's just what we're used to  :P
Much cheaper for us to go abroad though, and games are getting cheap again when I buy digitally!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Iceland has always been expensive. A number 1 was like  10 or 15 dollars when i was there in 96. Pizza was closer to 60. Hardrock was like 40 a plate.

the-pi-guy

A thread about favorite burger place turned into good discussion about economics.  

Good job Pi.

Starting discussion, all in a day's work.

Dr. Pezus

Iceland has always been expensive. A number 1 was like  10 or 15 dollars when i was there in 96. Pizza was closer to 60. Hardrock was like 40 a plate.
60 for a pizza?? You mad son. They go for like 20-40 now

SWORDF1SH

Mmm_fish_tacos

60 for a pizza?? You mad son. They go for like 20-40 now
Where? Maybe for the personal. Which by the way, we dont have here.

Dr. Pezus

Personal?

Just in most places, like Domino's, Shake and pizza, restaurants

the-pi-guy

21 years later, Tacos can't believe these pizza prices.  

Go Up