Have you heard of Aldi's?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 13, 2017, 06:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

One of my favorite grocery stores.  
It's pretty quickly becoming one of the largest grocery stores in the U.S. and yet it kind of seems to be a store that not many people know of.  

So have you heard of it?

Dr. Pezus

DerNebel

Jul 13, 2017, 07:03 PM Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017, 07:07 PM by DerNebel
Lol, yeah I've heard of it, biggest Discounter chain in Germany (if I remember correctly) and the Aldi owners are the richest Germans. Wonder how the american Aldi compares to the ones in Germany.

Xevross

Aldi is huge in the UK. Great quality and super cheap. If I live near an Aldi I will certainly shop there

Legend

Yes but never used, at least that I remember.

SWORDF1SH

Yes but never used, at least that I remember.
We all know you're a rich millionaire software developer. Aldi is just for us poor peasants who can't code for shame!

nnodley

We have 1 but it's kind of rundown so we never go.  Meijer is where it's at here.  Best store around here.

Dr. Pezus

I'm just a Costco merchant now

Legend

We all know you're a rich millionaire software developer. Aldi is just for us poor peasants who can't code for shame!
You caught me. I shop at King Soopers instead.

Best donuts around.

the-pi-guy

Jul 13, 2017, 08:14 PM Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017, 08:16 PM by the-pi-guy
Aldi is huge in the UK. Great quality and super cheap. If I live near an Aldi I will certainly shop there
Same!  Except US.  
I like their bread. Pretty good, plus they are usually literally half the cost  of Walmart, which is even cheaper than most places.

I don't think they have very many in Colorado.

Xevross

Same!  Except US.  
I like their bread. Pretty good, plus they are usually literally half the cost  of Walmart, which is even cheaper than most places.
I don't think they have very many in Colorado.

Same situation with ASDA, which Walmart owns. I thought they were cheap but Aldi puts them to shame

DerNebel

Their beer selection is awful, which makes them a no go for me.

the-pi-guy

Their beer selection is awful, which makes them a no go for me.
The one in town near me usually doesn't have any alcohol at all, while the other few I've been at, had a fairly reasonable alcohol section.  
Usually wine though, I think.

Not much of an alcohol drinker, but it was weird how big of a difference there was between the stores.  

Dr. Pezus

The one in town near me usually doesn't have any alcohol at all, while the other few I've been at, had a fairly reasonable alcohol section.  
Usually wine though, I think.

Not much of an alcohol drinker, but it was weird how big of a difference there was between the stores.  
Here we only sell alcohol in special alcohol shops. Not in grocery stores

BasilZero

Nope.

I bet I heard some brands you never heard of like Food-a-rama and Food Town ;)