Sony Q1 FY2014 (3.5m PS3+PS4, 0.75m PSV/TV+PSP, Profit and Profit)

Started by ethomaz, Jul 31, 2014, 12:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

ethomaz

I will take back my words from yesterday :P

Last quarter is not a slow moth... no more excuses to bad sales of the competition.

PS3 shipped 900k last year... I believe it dropped this year so in worst scenario OS4 shipped 2.4m units.

Game division profited, Sony profited, the company posted surprised results.

Sony Posts Surprise First-Quarter Profit, Beats Estimate on PS4, Yen via @BloombergNews

This gen is done :D

Max King of the Wild

Sony announced 7m sold through as of April 6. They should be pretty close to ten million shipped if they haven't already passed it.

Max King of the Wild

ethomaz

Sony announced 7m sold through as of April 6. They should be pretty close to ten million shipped if they haven't already passed it.

Exactly.

Even with shortage in April PS4 7 million could means at least 7.3m shipped... 10m right now shipped is for me true.

ethomaz

Max King of the Wild

17m for PS4+PS3... 13.5m to go.

How about XB1? Nintendo will come down to holiday sales. They still have a chance to miss their forecast. Sony will sell about half of that forecast for ps4 in holiday alone. So that's probably done and beat.

darkknightkryta

Dr. Pezus

I will take back my words from yesterday :P

Last quarter is not a slow moth... no more excuses to bad sales of the competition.

PS3 shipped 900k last year... I believe it dropped this year so in worst scenario OS4 shipped 2.4m units.

Game division profited, Sony profited, the company posted surprised results.

Sony Posts Surprise First-Quarter Profit, Beats Estimate on PS4, Yen via @BloombergNews

This gen is done :D

Well let's say PS3 shipped 750k (or less), that would mean PS4 shipped 2.75m+. Really impressive.

Dr. Pezus

And yeah, the handheld sales are more impressive than I would've expected in such a slow Q. Nintendo shipped 0.82m handhelds for comparison

ethomaz

Well let's say PS3 shipped 750k (or less), that would mean PS4 shipped 2.75m+. Really impressive.

To be fair I used the wrong number... PS3 shipped 1.1m last year but that won't change your maths at all ;)

ethomaz

How about XB1? Nintendo will come down to holiday sales. They still have a chance to miss their forecast. Sony will sell about half of that forecast for ps4 in holiday alone. So that's probably done and beat.

MS didn't give forecast... only Sony and Nitendo.

Dr. Pezus

To be fair I used the wrong number... PS3 shipped 1.1m last year but that won't change your maths at all ;)

Well then 750k is still possible given the decline. But PS4 is certainly 2.5m+ imo. 5 times WiiU, and something similar vs. One.

Max King of the Wild

360 probably shipped 420k. So 750k would be mighty impressive. Even lower than that doesn't matter because ps4 just increases and becomes more impressive.

7H3

thank you ehto

what images do you want in the OP?
I put the first one in there... :P
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend