Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Trying to do work in my uni building but everyone's distracted by the star wars European premier about to start outisde. They're blasting music on the street and the crowds are getting very loud

Xevross

nnodley

THis is the first star wars movie that i am hyped to watch.  

Legend

THis is the first star wars movie that i am hyped to watch.  
I was really hyped for episode 3. I loved general grievous.

Xevross

I've been hyped every year for the new ones

Dr. Pezus

Holy fudge. Expected like 80%

Xevross

Dec 12, 2017, 11:49 PM Last Edit: Dec 13, 2017, 11:49 PM by Xevross
Dropped to 93%, but its obviously a great film. Hope I agree! 24 hours til I see it

Almost finished the full re-watch and I think my ranking right now is:
Empire>ANH>>>RO>>TFA>ROTJ>ROTS>>>>>AOTC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TPM

Let's see where TLJ enters!

Xevross

Dec 14, 2017, 02:58 AM Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017, 03:55 AM by Xevross
The Last Jedi impressions (no plot spoilers)

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Tough one. Gonna have to re-watch. I&#39;m not buzzing like I was after seeing TFA or Rogue One, but I think it might be a better film. Maybe not. In terms of writing, cinematography etc.<br><br>Its not a movie to watch for enjoyment, but more to appreciate the quality of I think. There&#39;s some weird moments, there&#39;s some amazing suspenseful moments and there&#39;s some great action. There is a fair amount of it I think was quite boring, a bit like the entire first two thirds of Rogue One, but its not too much. I can definitely understand people not liking it, but personally I think it was very good.<br>

Xevross

The Last Jedi impressions WITH SPOILERS THIS TIME

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>So there was three main storylines. Rey/Kylo/Luke/Snoke, the rebellion ships/Poe/Leia escaping and Finn/Rose doing their little weird trip. <br><br>The Rey storyline is 10/10 amazing. Some of the best moments in star wars history, fantastic writing, excellent character development, a lot of suspense and intrigue. I can barely fault it.<br><br>The rebellion ship chase is okay. It drags a bit too long and has some weird plot points, but its mainly brought down because its waiting for the Finn/ Rose storyline to happen. That one was poor; very boring and completely unnecessary. I like both characters but what they did was just so out of place and should have just been cut. <br><br>Their whole storyline (20 min+ screen time) achieved only slightly more than absolutely nothing, and as I said the way they shaped the whole film to fit this in just made the rebellion ship chase worse.<br><br>Basically, very high highs but very low (prequel level) lows.<br>

Legend

I only read the first line of the spoiler free one. Glad to know.

Going in with a bit less hype should help me enjoy it more.

Xevross

Dec 14, 2017, 01:09 PM Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017, 01:18 PM by Xevross
I only read the first line of the spoiler free one. Glad to know.

Going in with a bit less hype should help me enjoy it more.
Definitely. If you're feeling hyped for this film you will almost definitely be disappointed. Even though I like it a lot I feel a lot of disappointment. Now I've slept on it I know what's (mainly) wrong with the film. This is very very minor spoilers (I don't say anything that happens in the film, just the theme of a side plot)

Spoiler for Hidden:
Me and my friends&#39; biggest complaint is that there&#39;s a 20 minute side plot which feels more like bad harry potter than star wars. Its boring, and it achieves absolutely nothing so its a complete waste of time. It brings down the entire film. If they cut that section I might be having much more positive thoughts. <br><br>

Its not on a level of, oh well I can just ignore this part and enjoy the rest of the film, its just so bad, boring and pointless that its all I can focus on, rather than remembering how fantastic and awesome some other parts of the film were. But if you do ignore it, its a really great film with a lot of incredible moments, only let down by some very out of place humour and some weird moments.

darkknightkryta

I was really hyped for episode 3. I loved general grievous.
I watched Revenge of the Sith 3 times in the theatre.

Xevross

I watched Revenge of the Sith 3 times in the theatre.
Revenge of the Sith is a great film. Pretty similar quality to TLJ I'd say.

Go Up