Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

There's a ridiculous amount of good, big films just come out. I don't know what to watch  :o

Legend

I really liked the previous two Ape movies. Maybe I'll go see this one!

the-pi-guy

So apparently M Night said this about Last Airbender (2 years ago)
"It's really weird because on the show the average age was, like, 9 years old. My child was 9 years old. You could make it one of two ways. You could make it for that same audience, which is what I did -- for 9 and 10-year-olds -- or you could do the Transformers version and have Megan Fox
M. Night Shyamalan Defends His Avatar: The Last Airbender Adaptation  - IGN

This is so stupid. 
A good kids movie is one that can be enjoyed by adults too.  The TV series had that in spades. 

And if the options are stupid or sexy, you have no imagination. 

I still say it, this is the most disappointing movie I've ever seen.   

My rage will last me a lifetime.  Lol. 

Riderz1337

Watched War for the Planet of the Apes...

What an incredible film. The movies just got better and better with each installment. The first 10 minutes are amazing and really reel you into the film.

Next week I will be watching Dunkirk in REAL 70 MM IMAX!!! Only two theaters in Ontario offer IMAX showings of it and one of them is only ten minutes away from my house. Super hyped for that one.

But yeah, watch War for the Planet of the Apes people! It deserves your money.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

Watched War for the Planet of the Apes...

What an incredible film. The movies just got better and better with each installment. The first 10 minutes are amazing and really reel you into the film.

Next week I will be watching Dunkirk in REAL 70 MM IMAX!!! Only two theaters in Ontario offer IMAX showings of it and one of them is only ten minutes away from my house. Super hyped for that one.

But yeah, watch War for the Planet of the Apes people! It deserves your money.
Still haven't watched the last one. Enjoyed the first so I'm in for a treat I bet!

Dr. Pezus

Legend

nnodley

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

I'd be all for a series revival if the movie is amazing.  

Now you make me want to rewatch the show!

Legend

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

I'd be all for a series revival if the movie is amazing.  

Now you make me want to rewatch the show!
Yeah Psych was great. Not sure the film will capture the magic, but I'm hoping it does.

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

I started watching John Wick 2.  My dad suspects Italian producers and stuff had their hands in the film.  He said the guy who hired John did promo work in Sanremo.  There was an Italian actor my dad recognized.

Riderz1337

Watched Dunkirk... I actually missed the first 20 minutes cause I had to wait for my parents to get to the theatre so that fudgy sucked!!!

Buuuuut

The rest of the film were spectacular. The film is so well shot and the sound is immersive. Other people might call it too loud but personally I love the airplane flying by and having my seat shake due to the noise.

It's definitely an experience film. What I mean is that you HAVE to experience it in IMAX. The film really shines on that format. It was my first IMAX film and I was extremely impressed.

Overall from what I did see I would rate it a 9/10. Don't know if it would be a good film if you just watched it at home or if it was made good by the theatre experience. Guess I'll get back to you on that one haha

Legend

VAlerian has the worst acting I've seen in recent memory.

Still though, it also has a lot of cool parts. I'd like to see an improved sequel.

nnodley

Finally watched Logan.  Pretty awesome movie.

And watched xmen apocalypse which I thought was pretty good too.

Riderz1337

Going this Tuesday to rewatch Dunkirk in IMAX.

Want to see the first 20 minutes that I missed plus I really just want to experience that film again. Going alone this time. First time I've ever been to a theatre alone but it should be nice not having to wait on anyone.

Plus Tuesday tickets are cheaper. Only 13$ for an IMAX ticket.

Go Up