Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Riderz1337

Really surprised how dead this thread is when it seems like there's a brand new good movie coming out every week.

This summer has been amazing for films thus far.

And it seems like there's more good movies coming out with Detroit and apparently even that new Annabelle movie is super good... Which is surprising for a horror film.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

BananaKing

so at 775M~ is pirate of the carribian 5 considered a success? its a really fun movie. really enjoyed it.

Xevross

Really surprised how dead this thread is when it seems like there's a brand new good movie coming out every week.

And it seems like there's more good movies coming out with Detroit and apparently even that new Annabelle movie is super good... Which is surprising for a horror film.

Good point. I've been saying to my friends how crazy the last month has been for films.

I watched Spiderman a few weeks ago and thought it was fantastic. Absolutely loved it.

I also watched Dunkirk on Sunday and thought it was decent. Was hoping I'd like it more than I did but I just couldn't really get into it. About the same level as Interstellar for me.

Watched Moana and Beauty and the Beast for the first time as well. BatB was great and Moana was excellent. Glad I finally got to watch it.

the-pi-guy

A lot of good films this year.  Wonder Woman, Spiderman, and a lot of others were pretty well received.  I have only gone to the theater once this year.  Haven't watched any other new movies too much. 
There's a few I do want to see.  Planet of the Apes, Wonder Woman, but I don't know when I will.

so at 775M~ is pirate of the carribian 5 considered a success? its a really fun movie. really enjoyed it.
It's probably disappointing for the series, but it's a decent amount.  I am.sure they will make a sequel again. 
Good point. I've been saying to my friends how crazy the last month has been for films.

I watched Spiderman a few weeks ago and thought it was fantastic. Absolutely loved it.

I also watched Dunkirk on Sunday and thought it was decent. Was hoping I'd like it more than I did but I just couldn't really get into it. About the same level as Interstellar for me.

Watched Moana and Beauty and the Beast for the first time as well. BatB was great and Moana was excellent. Glad I finally got to watch it.
It seems like Dunkirk is really popular.  :o
But what do I know.   

I liked Moana.  Much better than frozen, imo.

Xevross

A lot of good films this year.  Wonder Woman, Spiderman, and a lot of others were pretty well received.  I have only gone to the theater once this year.  Haven't watched any other new movies too much.  
There's a few I do want to see.  Planet of the Apes, Wonder Woman, but I don't know when I will.
It's probably disappointing for the series, but it's a decent amount.  I am.sure they will make a sequel again.
 It seems like Dunkirk is really popular.  :o
But what do I know.  

I liked Moana.  Much better than frozen, imo.
Oh yeah I also watched wonder woman and loved it. Another excellent film.

Yeah, still a massive profit for pirates but they were probably hoping for more.

Dunkirk is super popular and I know lots of people that love it. As far as I can tell though, its a bigger hit amongst reviewers than regular audiences.

I've still never seen frozen!

the-pi-guy

Theres a thread on GAF about Dunkirk, the descriptions kinda reminds me of Gravity.  

I really liked interstellar, gravity I very much disliked.

Dr. Pezus

Theres a thread on GAF about Dunkirk, the descriptions kinda reminds me of Gravity.  

I really liked interstellar, gravity I very much disliked.

It's Nolan lol. Probably not like gravity and more like interstellar or inception

It's got 8.5 on imdb currently so it's not only the critics that like it (94 on meta!  :o)

the-pi-guy

It's Nolan lol. Probably not like gravity and more like interstellar or inception

It's got 8.5 on imdb currently so it's not only the critics that like it (94 on meta!  :o)
Nah, I mean Gravity is more about atmosphere. There isn't a lot of dialogue.
Apparently Dunkirk is the same.  

Xevross

It's got 8.5 on imdb currently so it's not only the critics that like it (94 on meta!  :o)
Actually its much, much more like gravity than those two films. As Pi says, there's not many lines. If I had to compare them... I think Dunkirk is slightly better than Gravity.

Inception is one of my favourite films. I absolutely love it. Interstellar didn't come close and neither did Dunkirk for me.

Dr. Pezus

Nah, I mean Gravity is more about atmosphere. There isn't a lot of dialogue.
Apparently Dunkirk is the same.  
Well I've heard it uses converging viewpoints of sorts which reminds me of his prior movies

Legend

I really enjoy gravity but I also dislike it. The script, acting, and science are so poor imo.

I liked Life.

the-pi-guy

Aug 25, 2017, 04:06 PM Last Edit: Aug 25, 2017, 04:09 PM by the-pi-guy
Watching the Death Note movie. According to GAF, it's basically so bad, it's good. 

Just starting it.  Doesn't keep with the series. 

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>-Apparently Lights mom is dead.&nbsp; <br>-Light is selling his homework and gets in trouble.&nbsp; <br>-hes screaming as he meets Ryuk.&nbsp; Totally different from the series.&nbsp; <br><br>

the-pi-guy

Entertaining, but it kinda sucked.  
It has basically nothing from the show that made the show great.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>There wasn&#39;t really any cat and mouse. &nbsp;<br>Light was a loner, who they seemed to try for a few seconds to portray as intelligent, but they seemed to drop that. &nbsp;<br><br>The movie basically ends with everything falling apart. (almost literally). <br><br>

the-pi-guy

Entertaining, but it kinda sucked.  
It has basically nothing from the show that made the show great.  
Spoiler for Hidden:

There wasn't really any cat and mouse.  
Light was a loner, who they seemed to try for a few seconds to portray as intelligent, but they seemed to drop that.  

The movie basically ends with everything falling apart. (almost literally).

Legend

So is he in denial that it's bad? I'd like to see it someday so I haven't clicked on your spoilers.

Also I saw Transformers today. What a stupid movie. Felt like a bunch of unrelated shots all being played in a compilation. Did enjoy the british robots.

Go Up