Thread Port: PS4 Fraud Leads Walmart To Change its Price-Matching Policies

Started by kitler53, Nov 20, 2014, 05:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

"We launched online price matching because it's the right thing for our customers," a Walmart representative said. "It's making a meaningful difference for people who want to feel confident they're getting the best price, and we're committed to matching online prices going forward."

"At the same time, we can't tolerate fraud or attempts to trick our cashiers. This kind of activity is unfair to the millions of customers who count on us every day for honest value," the spokesperson added. "With this in mind, we've updated our policy to clarify that we will match prices from Walmart.com and 30 major online retailers, but we won't honor prices from marketplace vendors, third-party sellers, auction sites, or sites requiring memberships."

You can see a full breakdown of Walmart's new price-matching policy at its website.

source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-fraud-leads-walmart-to-change-its-price-matchi/1100-6423716/

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

call me racist if you must but that girl pictured is way to hot to be shopping at walmart.

DD_Bwest

Haha not really surprising, it was bound to happen. I wonder how many got sold.  But you do have to give a bravo to whoever started it lol

Legend

call me racist if you must but that girl pictured is way to hot to be shopping at walmart.

I don't see how that would be racist.

Anyway @op. What was different between this scam and the wii u scam a few days ago?

kitler53

I don't see how that would be racist.

Anyway @op. What was different between this scam and the wii u scam a few days ago?

primarily,.  the active element of fraud.   in the sears/wiiU thing consumers were jumping on a honest retailer mistake.  in the ps4/amazon thing they were actively gaming the system to fraudulently get a ps4 for hundreds of dollars below cost.  it's kind of like the difference between manslaughter and murder.

and bravo for not being racist.  it take a good man to always look past skin color.

NeverDies

If you complain enough at Target, they might lower the price for you at checkout. Just depends on getting a new guy who wont call for a manager.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

BasilZero

I always miss the good deals ;(

Also lol @ walmart.

They price matched third party vendors but not their own site?

One good thing that came out of this was the fact that now they price match their site >_>.

Last year I could never get them to price match their website........retards.

the-pi-guy

I always miss the good deals ;(
Also lol @ walmart.
They price matched third party vendors but not their own site?
One good thing that came out of this was the fact that now they price match their site >_>.
Last year I could never get them to price match their website........retards.

They started price matching their online site, a week ago I believe. 
There was a packet of stuff for us to read over. 
Though, Spurge posted about this a while ago.  Though the store I'm at, his story wouldn't happen here. 

BasilZero

They started price matching their online site, a week ago I believe. 
There was a packet of stuff for us to read over. 
Though, Spurge posted about this a while ago.  Though the store I'm at, his story wouldn't happen here.

They made it national now with the statement, so no way in hell can they refuse to price match this time.

Walmart, I will have my black friday sales revenge this year! Starting with Mario Kart 8 which is $35.

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

They made it national now with the statement, so no way in heck can they refuse to price match this time.

Walmart, I will have my black friday sales revenge this year! Starting with Mario Kart 8 which is $35.

I think that price was in store too.

BasilZero

I think that price was in store too.

I know, its the black friday price tag for the store.