Predict PS4 sales by the end of 2014 (LTD)!

Started by Dr. Pezus, Oct 20, 2014, 11:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Hmm,

For Nov and Dec separately. For each thousand units the Xbox One outsells the PS4 in the US, I'll give you 5 credits. For each thousand units the PS4 outsells the Xbox One in the US, you'll give me 5 credits. An additional 50 credits per month just to winner.

Sound fair?

How about 100 for each month. I don't have a large bank account. And if xbox doesn't pick up it could be wiped out in just one month.

Legend

How about 100 for each month. I don't have a large bank account. And if xbox doesn't pick up it could be wiped out in just one month.

Fine that works :)

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

BananaKing

sales or shipped? i think around 17.9 million sold, and around 19.3 million shipped.

darkknightkryta

PS4 will be at 16 million, is my final answer.  As far as Xbox Outselling the PS4 globally in the U.S.?  I doubt it.  I think Destiny's numbers will be a good benchmark of Microsoft's userbase.  Destiny sold almost as well as the PS4 version in the U.S.yet hardware didn't get a big bump.  I see no reason to believe that there are that many more people who don't have Xbox One who would buy it for Halo.

Raven

Yeah, but i think you're under estimating MS's ability to give away free shame. And they have the cod marketing deal.

I really don't think Microsoft's investors are going to be too happy about continuously giving things away for free to keep losing. Also, the Call of Duty name was damaged by Ghosts. The PS4 version is staying up there with the X1 version. This is not going to be like the previous generation where a CoD release was basically guaranteeing much higher Xbox sales. Advanced Warfare's position on the charts up to this point doesn't speak of a game that is going to immediately have the wild success of its predecessors. Hell, even Ghosts hasn't enjoyed that.

ethomaz

There is only one prediction god on here

Me :D

19.4m is the right number.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Oct 21, 2014, 09:59 PM Last Edit: Oct 26, 2014, 01:20 PM by Xevross
17m absolute minimum

I think

Oct 1.2m
Nov 2.5m
Dec 3.7m

Total ~19.5m

Dr. Pezus

Legend

ethomaz

Yeap... too low.

Xevross

Oct 900k????

My reasoning is that, looking at sales in the past, October only sees a slight rise in weekly sales throughout the month. I think PS4 will start October at 200k a week and go into November at 250k, with an average of 225k a week. I hope I am wrong though :)

Dr. Pezus

My reasoning is that, looking at sales in the past, October only sees a slight rise in weekly sales throughout the month. I think PS4 will start October at 200k a week and go into November at 250k, with an average of 225k a week. I hope I am wrong though :)

Well considering September weekly sales were 280k on average according to VGC we should expect the average to go up to perhaps 300k. 300k*4 = 1.2m

Go Up