Killzone: Shadow Fall DLC more robust than first announced?

Started by Raven, Aug 21, 2014, 07:11 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

When Guerrilla Games first announced their plans for the DLC that would be part of the Season Pass they described it as the following:

6 expansion packs
1 co-op expansion with four maps to start
3 co-op map pack expansions that would bring two new maps each
2 expansions they didn't want to announce anything for at the time

Well they just released two new maps for the co-op expansion for free. Now this doesn't mean the other paid map expansions won't happen but this is a bit unusual and raises a question. If this is how they plan to deal with the co-op maps instead of making them paid expansions then what does that mean for future expansions? The first one they released was Insurgent which added a new class, three new weapons, three new abilities, new voice packs, and new spotlight moves to the Warzone mode and a new difficulty level for the campaign. Then they released Intercept which is the co-op mode expansion. So now they have 4 more expansions to announce. Fans have been begging for Operations mode to return. For those not familiar with previous titles, Operations mode is very similar to Rush on Battlefield. It's almost certain this mode will come back as the response for it has been big. So there will probably be an entire expansion dedicated to that. What else do you think is possible or what would you like to see if the expansions end up being more diverse than we were originally told?

Legend

Wow raven I didn't know you had such diverse writing styles.

Also I'd like to get DLC expanding the last mission in the campaign. Add on to that.

Raven

Wow raven I didn't know you had such diverse writing styles.

Also I'd like to get DLC expanding the last mission in the campaign. Add on to that.

Not sure if sarcasm or...

Legend

Not sure if sarcasm or...

It reads like a professionally written game article.

Raven

It reads like a professionally written game article.

If you ever need articles written around here I'd be glad to do some provided I have the time and inspiration. I'm actually pretty fond of writing as if I'm doing an article.