PS4 outselling Xbox One | The All-in-one Entertainment System from Xbox 3:1 in 2014

Started by Dr. Pezus, Aug 20, 2014, 12:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

With PS4 selling around 4.2m in 2013 and reaching over 10m just a few days ago, we can safely say that PS4 has sold around 5.8m in 2014.
Unofficial data says Xbox One | The All-in-one Entertainment System from Xbox has sold ~2m in 2014.

5.8/2 = 2.9 which means PS4 has outsold Xbox One | The All-in-one Entertainment System from Xbox 2.9:1 in 2014 or around 3:1 if we round up for simplicity

Is this something that will continue? Something you expected back in 2013? Something you never dreamed of?

Xevross

That isn't this year, that's since 28th December, PS4 has sold 5.6m this year correctly speaking. Doesn't change much though :P

Mmm_fish_tacos

We're are the people that refused to believe that it would happen when the polls said it would? Anybody remember them?

Dr. Pezus

That isn't this year, that's since 28th December, PS4 has sold 5.6m this year correctly speaking. Doesn't change much though :P

Where do you get the 5.6m? Well since Sony said "over 10m" it could be 10.1 or 10.2m for all we know

Xevross

Where do you get the 5.6m? Well since Sony said "over 10m" it could be 10.1 or 10.2m for all we know

The same place 5.8 came from - the 200k PS4 got in the last week of 2013.

the-pi-guy

He's guessing because the 4.2 number was like the 28th of December.

Xevross

He's guessing because the 4.2 number was like the 28th of December.

T'was, there's another week after that last year where PS4 did about 200k. So this year is >5.6m then

Dr. Pezus

T'was, there's another week after that last year where PS4 did about 200k. So this year is >5.6m then

Well I want to say the year starts on Jan 1

Xevross

Well I want to say the year starts on Jan 1

Just to be difficult? :P

Dr. Pezus

Just to be difficult? :P

Just to be correct, as always ;o

Xevross

Just to be correct, as always ;o

If you're being correct the year started in Jan 5th, numbers speaking!

Dr. Pezus

If you're being correct the year started in Jan 5th, numbers speaking!

VGC numbers sure. I don't want to use those

Xevross

VGC numbers sure. I don't want to use those

NPD and other tracking agencies too!

Dr. Pezus

NPD and other tracking agencies too!

Not Sony! Since I am using the 4.2m number, which is as of Dec 28

Xevross

Not Sony! Since I am using the 4.2m number, which is as of Dec 28

But that isn't the end of last year :P
This argument is silly anyway, its close to 3:1 either way