PS4 outselling Xbox One | The All-in-one Entertainment System from Xbox 3:1 in 2014

Started by Dr. Pezus, Aug 20, 2014, 12:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

You are coping threads without give credits to @Ninsect :P
Or did you posted first and this Ninsect baby copied you?

Xevross

You are coping threads without give credits to @Ninsect :P
Or did you posted first and this Ninsect baby copied you?

Whatever happened I'm pretty sure Pezus is a baby because he posted it second

7H3

I think a 3:1 ratio could be damaging for the industry especially if MS decides to throw more money around on 3rd party exclusives and if PS4 doesn't reach close to 100m... I think the only hope for positive outlook on this is that another company enters the fray, nintendo releases a new console, or PS4 sells so well it can sustain the industry on its own...
Hopefully Xbox 1 does better though
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

I think a 3:1 ratio could be damaging for the industry especially if MS decides to throw more money around on 3rd party exclusives and if PS4 doesn't reach close to 100m... I think the only hope for positive outlook on this is that another company enters the fray, nintendo releases a new console, or PS4 sells so well it can sustain the industry on its own...
Hopefully Xbox 1 does better though

The industry will be perfectly fine if even one console dominates. The PlayStation beat the N64 by roughly 3-to-1. I don't think anyone believes that was a bad time for the industry.

nnodley

The industry will be perfectly fine if even one console dominates. The PlayStation beat the N64 by roughly 3-to-1. I don't think anyone believes that was a bad time for the industry.

Yeah historically speaking most gens where one console fudgy dominated were some of the best.  I think PS4 is gonna obliterate the competition like during the ps2 gen.  But I hope sony doesn't get cocky and arrogant again.  I think having them go through that once then they can stay humble.  And what I find funny is MS saw how arrogant sony was last gen and how it iced them.  Then MS comes out and is an arrogant POS company during the X1 reveal and beyond.  Plus there was no reason for them to be cocky when the ps3 and xbox 360 are practically tied in sales and they came out a year earlier. 

7H3

what I am saying that it would need to dominate to the point it can sustain the industry on its own to the point where the competitions are just adding icing to the cake so to speak. Alternatively if its at 30m to 10m to 15m then the industry may not be able to sustain with such a small install base overall

Xevross

what I am saying that it would need to dominate to the point it can sustain the industry on its own to the point where the competitions are just adding icing to the cake so to speak. Alternatively if its at 30m to 10m to 15m then the industry may not be able to sustain with such a small install base overall

Don't worry about it, PS4 is a lock for 100m+  ;D

7H3

Don't worry about it, PS4 is a lock for 100m+  ;D

well they better start selling 20m+ a year then :P

Xevross

Well lets see this years total and work out if they can! I'm sure it will, a peak is usually significantly more than the first full year, which looks to be 13-14m for PS4

Raven

With the PS4 already over 10 million by early August and the holidays coming up, this year alone should see them approaching 20 million. Year Two sales are almost always greater than Year One and price drops on popular consoles cause floods of people to pick them up. We can probably expect a big drop by Year Three. The PS4 is still ahead of where the PS2 was at the same time. There is no reason at all to suspect that the PS4 won't surpass the total sales of the PS3, it's a safe bet to be a 100 million+ console, and there is the possibility that it could do what the PS2 did. The industry will survive on the back of the PS4 alone. The Wii U and Xbox One don't need to be anything more than alternative flavors.

Xevross

Yeah PS4 is heading towards being 100m+ and at this rate it'll end the year at about 18m and end of 2015 will be at least 35m, already 1/3 of the way there

darkknightkryta

To tell you the truth, it'd be better with one company so long as they don't get abusive.  Like, Nintendo ruled with an iron fist back in the NES days and would still do that same crud if they had the chance.  MS is a cancer to whatever it touches.  The worst Sony did was give a 900 dollar machine for 500/600 dollars.  If Sony remains as is, them being the single console developer would be better since QA will go way down.  I don't think people realize how much money devs burn through QA to make sure things run well.  Especially between consoles and keeping the games as close to each other as possible.  I mean, look at The Last of Us.  They spent a lot of time in QA to make sure none of the physics and stuff would break when porting to the PS4 and that was porting a game using the same library/tools.

ethomaz

MS finally confirmed they sold all the Titanfall bundles shipped in March.

Dr. Pezus

I don't think PS2 ever did that and yet it sold 160m+

Max King of the Wild

Ps4 will easily reach 100M. It isn't the Wii which died after two years. No, the ps4 will be legging it out years from now like every other sony system not including the Vita.

Go Up