What is the worst game you adore?

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 20, 2018, 11:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

This is mine: (Knack doesn't count)

How bad is it?
It got a meta of 59.

I enjoy playing it quite a bit.  I still come back to it every now and then.  I enjoy the battling, and collecting cards.  

Zombies are way overpowered though.  Which is exactly why that's my deck.

Xevross

Apparently the game's I've rated highest compared to metacritic score are Driveclub and The Crew. Driveclub improved massively and is objectively a great game now, so I don't think it can qualify. If it was reviewed again with all the extra content and improvements now I think it would get fantastic reviews. I don't really adore the crew either to be honest, I just liked it quite a lot.

So looking at it another way, out the games I do love, probably the ones considered the worst are AC Syndicate and Watch Dogs. I loved both of them a lot, and had great fun playing them, but there's a lot of hate for them out there and a lot of people don't like them.

Dr. Pezus

AC1. Was a different experience for me compared to what I'd played before and really fun imo

Legend

AC1. Was a different experience for me compared to what I'd played before and really fun imo
Most people don't consider AC1 that bad...

It's hard for me to think of this. Sure there are lots of games that I think are better than their metacritic score, but in those cases I think the game is good. Pretty hard to remember games that I understand are flawed yet I love them anyway.

Maybe Elite Dangerous?

It falls apart once you look up the game mechanics online but I just love the world and flying in space.

Could also maybe be Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron. Has a 73 on metacritic yet that was like my favorite PSP game.

Or maybe PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. It's stupid and the devs kinda made combat weird and the single player sucks but I love it.

Dr. Pezus

Most people don't consider AC1 that bad...

It's hard for me to think of this. Sure there are lots of games that I think are better than their metacritic score, but in those cases I think the game is good. Pretty hard to remember games that I understand are flawed yet I love them anyway.

Maybe Elite Dangerous?

It falls apart once you look up the game mechanics online but I just love the world and flying in space.

Could also maybe be Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron. Has a 73 on metacritic yet that was like my favorite PSP game.

Or maybe PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. It's stupid and the devs kinda made combat weird and the single player sucks but I love it.
Well the internet seems to think it was awful