Did you have a gaming buddy when you were younger?

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 11, 2017, 11:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I'm really not sure if it's a good idea to make a thread, due to some very sad reasons.

Who among us, has had a gaming buddy?

Growing up I played a lot of games with my older sister. We'd switch off if either of us got stuck.  A lot of times if one of us couldn't pass a section, the other would be able to. I have a lot of fond memories.  

To a lesser extent, I played games with my younger brother.  

darkknightkryta

Dec 12, 2017, 12:32 AM Last Edit: Dec 12, 2017, 12:37 AM by darkknightkryta
My neighbour, cousin and a few friends in elementary.

I remember in elementary me and my friend would bounce Mega Man Legends between us.  I'd get stuck on a boss, give it to him, he'd beat that boss and give it back when he'd get stuck on a boss.  I'd beat that boss and give it back when I'd get stuck again.  We did that right until the end of elementary.  We never did finish it (Well I did years later.)

Xevross

Dec 12, 2017, 03:32 AM Last Edit: Dec 12, 2017, 03:35 AM by Xevross
I played some games with my sister like crash bandicoot, mario kart, wii sports and GTA San Andreas but not very often.

My childhood best friend and I used to hang out and play games all the time, on his game cube, on our DSs, Wiis and my PS2. Mario Kart, Mario Galaxies, Super Smash Bros, Mario + Sonic at the olympics were our favourites that we played all the time.

Unfortunately both of those ended when I was around 12-13, they both lost interest in playing games and I was left gaming alone for a few years until I found some new gaming friends.

I now have a group of me and four other guys who occasionally play multiplayer on ps4/ pc together, although much less now we're all split up for university. One friend in that group in particular I've played a lot with, like today we just started playing Divinity Original Sin 2 and we're loving it. I also know a guy from another group that I've put hundreds of hours into Civ V, Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 with.