The breaker of chains, Official GOT Spoiler thread.

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Aug 16, 2017, 12:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

I watched it earlier in the week when it leaked.

The action was great, well acted, scenery was incredible. But it was very predictable. And I understand that they need to unlock Quick Travel for characters since they are running out of episodes, but it hit a level of ridiculous in this episode with the crows and where they flew and who they brought a message to and how fast that person arrived.
Blame HBO for that :(

Legend

I thought it was pretty good but with some slow parts.

It's so stupid how short this season is. I'm not ready for the next episode to be the last.

Fire swords were legit. They should mass produce those.

nnodley

At least we got a little sliver of sansa saying she hasn't heard from jon in weeks.  Even though it feels like it's been just a few days since he left winterfell.

Xevross

At least we got a little sliver of sansa saying she hasn't heard from jon in weeks.  Even though it feels like it's been just a few days since he left winterfell.
It's most likely been way over a month, and the last she heard was a raven.

Raven's fly extremely quickly and so do dragons, it's not so unbelievable that Dany managed to get there on time.

Personally, I'm loving the new fast pacing. Sure there's less character development now but I think we know all these characters well enough by season 7.

nnodley

It's most likely been way over a month, and the last she heard was a raven.

Raven's fly extremely quickly and so do dragons, it's not so unbelievable that Dany managed to get there on time.

Personally, I'm loving the new fast pacing. Sure there's less character development now but I think we know all these characters well enough by season 7.

Yeah I do also think it's totally possible for dany to have gotten there fast.  But that dragon death was absolutely devastating.

Xevross

Aug 21, 2017, 04:36 PM Last Edit: Aug 21, 2017, 04:38 PM by Xevross
Yeah I do also think it's totally possible for dany to have gotten there fast.  But that dragon death was absolutely devastating.
Well Ravens are better flyers than pigeons (as Maester Aemon points out at some point) and we have plenty of data from pigeon flying.

In long distances they fly at around an average of 50mph. Dragonstone to Eastwatch is around 1500 miles, so a pigeon would take about 30 hours for that journey (if it could go for that long). It seems reasonable to me that a raven might take less than a day, and dragons a lot less than that. Especially considering that this is Westeros, which is full of maigic. The ravens might well be fairly magical birds in terms of speeds they can fly.

Its a bit of a stretch but I think its close enough to just be acceptable. Complaints about this are pretty pointless, imo.

Yeah losing the dragon for Dany was awful, but I love the way that she took it. She now realises how big of a threat the army of the dead is. I can't wait to see how the meeting with Cersei plays out next episode, if it happens at all.

Dr. Pezus

The big question is if Jon and Dany will sleep together

Mmm_fish_tacos

The big question is if Jon and Dany will sleep together
They will.

Legend

Yeah losing the dragon for Dany was awful, but I love the way that she took it. She now realises how big of a threat the army of the dead is. I can't wait to see how the meeting with Cersei plays out next episode, if it happens at all.
I was thinking about this, but I wonder who will win once all is said and done. Cersei or Dany or both will have to die.

Dr. Pezus

They will.
The chemistry is there
Wouldn't be the first incest

Xevross

The chemistry is there
Wouldn't be the first incest
Dany's parents (and Jon's grandparents) were brother and sister. Tommen and Joffrey were born of incest, Cersei is fudgy her brother. Out of the last 5 rulers, they wouldn't even be one of the worst. Not to mention the rulers that came before were probably brother and sister as well.

nnodley

HOLY fudge BALLS!!!!!! That white walker dragon wall destruction was so good!!

And Jon is actually named Aeghon Targaryan!!!!!(at least thats what it sounded like?)

Mmm_fish_tacos

dang it its over.

Legend

Started slow but I loved how it just kept going.

I liked how little finger died. Felt kinda pushed but who cares, it was fun. I'm glad the younger sister isn't 100% crazy, like she felt in the last episode.

Jamie effectivly switched sides. Wonder how much of the army will follow him.

SWORDF1SH

Jon Snow is going to do his Aunt and it will be the best television ever!
I don't know what was more disturbing. The incest or Tyrion listening to them get it on.

Go Up