PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Raven

Sure, but that'd at least mean that they'll delay to the second half of 2018, probably, instead of into 2019. Also Insomniac is a pretty well managed studio and no matter what they say I still think Marvel has a specific release time in mind for Spider-Man that they really rather wouldn't miss. And Bluepoint is really efficient and good at what they are doing as well.

Spider-Man and SotC are actually two Sony projects that I'm fairly certain will not be officially delayed at least.
I can easily see them fitting Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, and Spider-Man within the first 6 months of 2018. Look how many games they crammed into the first 4 months this year. Most of which ended up reviewing at an 85 or higher. Granted, that wasn't just Sony's doing.

DerNebel

Jun 18, 2017, 07:25 PM Last Edit: Jun 18, 2017, 07:29 PM by DerNebel
I can easily see them fitting Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, and Spider-Man within the first 6 months of 2018. Look how many games they crammed into the first 4 months this year. Most of which ended up reviewing at an 85 or higher. Granted, that wasn't just Sony's doing.
Sure and I guess it would make sense, given the fact that Sony said that they only want to give out dates that they know they can hit from this point forward. I wonder what this means for God of War, given that they were willing to give that an "Early 2018" date. Maybe that's hitting in January or early February already. And GT Sport should hopefully be almost done as well.

Edit: Also this kinda reminds of E3 2014, where Bloodborne was also only announced as a 2015 title at first, but then in the coming months turned out to be much closer than expected, exciting stuff.

Horizon

If we look at the development time of Spider-man and God Of War both could easily fall in the first half of 2018. Cory joined Santa Monica back in August 2013, the game should have entered production in 2014 you would imagine giving them 4 years and some months to make God Of War. Spider-man probably started development in late 2014 after Sunset Overdrive but Insomniac have amassed their biggest team for it and they would have had over 3 years, if it releases it will be May or June I would guess.

SWORDF1SH

Ah lads a troll on Vgchartz hasn't made me laugh like this in a while.  Pretty sure he's an alt too :D

PS4 vs PS3 in Japan – VGChartz Gap Charts – April 2017 Update - VGChartz
And now he's permabanned!

Raven

nnodley

I'm betting september or October.  

But if all these games so far for 2018 do come out and not be delayed then my god sony may have one of it's best years ever for exclusives.

Raven

Legend

If we look at the development time of Spider-man and God Of War both could easily fall in the first half of 2018. Cory joined Santa Monica back in August 2013, the game should have entered production in 2014 you would imagine giving them 4 years and some months to make God Of War. Spider-man probably started development in late 2014 after Sunset Overdrive but Insomniac have amassed their biggest team for it and they would have had over 3 years, if it releases it will be May or June I would guess.
Yeah there's no reason Spiderman couldn't release soon. But at the same time, you never fully know the details of a project. Spiderman could have been rebooted during development for all we know.

That's supposedly what happened with the new batman game.

DerNebel

I'm betting september or October.  

But if all these games so far for 2018 do come out and not be delayed then my god sony may have one of it's best years ever for exclusives.
Man, we seriously have been saying this for the last 3 years or so. :D

Raven

nnodley

Jun 19, 2017, 05:42 PM Last Edit: Jun 19, 2017, 05:49 PM by nnodley

fudge if it really does come out this holiday then dang sony would be on a roll from mid last year all the way through 2019!!

Though we shall see if it does.  Game looks super polished and bend has been working on it for quite a while.  

Dec. 29th would be an odd time to release the game

Legend

But why?

It's stupid to not have a release window if it's coming that soon, and it's also stupid that this would leak through the trailer.

Knowing a little bit about how these things work, it was probably listed in the system as Dec 29. and the person creating this marketing trailer didn't know that date wasn't correct.

Raven

But why?

It's stupid to not have a release window if it's coming that soon, and it's also stupid that this would leak through the trailer.

Knowing a little bit about how these things work, it was probably listed in the system as Dec 29. and the person creating this marketing trailer didn't know that date wasn't correct.
Why would they list the 29th and not the 31st as some kind of placeholder date like Amazon does? Maybe they want the game out by the end of the year but aren't sure so they didn't announce even a window right now. Remember, Sony is holding back on announcing any dates unless they're confident. Announcing a holiday 2017 release if the date is already that late in the year and they're not sure of it would mean drawing ire from gamers all over again if they then announced "Early 2018, lulz sorry".

I doubt it's coming this year but it's not like there's no good explanation for this.

Legend

Why would they list the 29th and not the 31st as some kind of placeholder date like Amazon does? Maybe they want the game out by the end of the year but aren't sure so they didn't announce even a window right now. Remember, Sony is holding back on announcing any dates unless they're confident. Announcing a holiday 2017 release if the date is already that late in the year and they're not sure of it would mean drawing ire from gamers all over again if they then announced "Early 2018, lulz sorry".

I doubt it's coming this year but it's not like there's no good explanation for this.
Games don't release on Sundays. Friday the 29th could be the last day of the year that their system supports. It's a different system than Amazon's.

They could get around that by saying "this Winter" or some other period that includes late 2017 and early 2018.

Raven

Games don't release on Sundays. Friday the 29th could be the last day of the year that their system supports. It's a different system than Amazon's.

They could get around that by saying "this Winter" or some other period that includes late 2017 and early 2018.
I can't even remember the last time someone used "Winter" as a timeframe. They usually just say either Holidays or Early <Insert Year>. Again, if they're not sure but their plan was to release at the end of the year, they're not going to say. Because there isn't even a guarantee that a delay wouldn't extend beyond "Winter" depending on the circumstances.

Personally, I wouldn't release on the 29th. If it was going to be that late, I'd just hold off releasing it until tax season. If Sony really is or was wanting to release it then, I'd question the judgement.

Go Up