PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kerotan

Der nobel with the prediction back in 2013. someone bumped it today.
gamrConnect Forums - BOLD PREDICTION: The PS4 will outsell the 3DS+Wii U

I know this prediction might make me look stupid in a couple years but whatever. Here're my reasons:

I feel that the 3DS has reached its sales peak already last year/this year, it's downwards from here on, I see the 3DS selling more in the PSP range than the DSs. 

I predict that the Wii U will not suddenly take off and post huge sales, I see it selling in the GC range.

Initial demand for the PS4 seems huge, so I see higher sales than the PS3 thanks to better pricing, smarter release and a way better image from the start (the PS4 is not "a bluray player with no games, that is way to expensive"), so I can see the PS4 selling over 100m units maybe even closing on the PS2.

Of course there are still a ton of variables here, for example the development of the mobile/tablet market might eat into the PS4s sales, maybe the Steam Box and of course the X1, maybe Amazon or Apple decide to enter in the race, maybe the Ouya (ok, maybe not :D). So that prediction is very dangerous, but anyway what's your opinion?

Raven

DerNebel

Oh god, please be real.

Also @Korotan: tak seems pretty salty in that thread.

Raven

Oh god, please be real.

Uh oh. Looks like that tweet was taken down. Considering how legit that pic looked, I'd guess he was asked to remove the tweet.

DerNebel

Uh oh. Looks like that tweet was taken down. Considering how legit that pic looked, I'd guess he was asked to remove the tweet.
Don't play with my heart woman.

Aura7541

So the cat is out of the PSX bag this early? :P

Kerotan

Oh god, please be real.

Tak is always salty.  He tries to justify so hard how the Wii U could of hit 20m. And I'm just like why..  20m is still super bomba.

Horizon

Naughty confirmed they will be showing the Uncharted TLL demo next week. I read the community manager of Insonmiac saying we would be getting the extended demo shown at a later date and also I expect Days Gone alternate path to be fully shown and uploaded too.

BananaKing

Naughty confirmed they will be showing the Uncharted TLL demo next week. I read the community manager of Insonmiac saying we would be getting the extended demo shown at a later date and also I expect Days Gone alternate path to be fully shown and uploaded too.
Days Gone is looking amazing honestly. After this E3 the game just clicked for me. I'm very hyped for it.

DerNebel

The Days Gone alternative demo will be uploaded in a couple weeks yes. The thing that kinda surprises me is that there apparently was no God of War demo behind closed doors at this years E3.

SWORDF1SH

For me Days Gone reveal was much more impressive. I'm actually less hyped after seeing it this E3.

I got 10,000th post. What do I win!?

the-pi-guy

Jun 16, 2017, 09:25 PM Last Edit: Jun 16, 2017, 09:35 PM by the-pi-guy
For me Days Gone reveal was much more impressive. I'm actually less hyped after seeing it this E3.

The greatest thing ever! 
Respect from the forum goers abroad across the entire earth, a swift sense of dignity and a thorough helping of honor from all those across the entire lands, nay all lands! 

(Absolutely nothing).

SWORDF1SH

The greatest thing ever!  
Respect from the forum goers abroad across the entire earth, a swift sense of dignity and a thorough helping of dignity from all those across the entire lands, nay all lands!  

(Absolutely nothing).
I feel like the luckiest guy alive!

Xevross

Complete opposite for me. I thought the reveal was pretty bad. It looked like just another generic zombie game, but this e3 made it look like something different, something more fun.

Legend

Complete opposite for me. I thought the reveal was pretty bad. It looked like just another generic zombie game, but this e3 made it look like something different, something more fun.
I Liked it last year with the fluid like zombies, but yeah the footage this year goes a long way to stop it from being a tlou clone.

Go Up