PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Riderz1337

Played What Remains of Edith Finch.

Wow.

What a game. I don't enjoy playing these "walking simulators" but this one was just so well done. Some of the gameplay mechanics/sections were super unique. The music was excellent, voice acting was extremely well done and the setting was super intriguing.

Overall not just one of the best games of the year, but one of my favourite games of all time.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Legend

Yeah but if Horizon 2 is built @30FPS for the ps4 surely that same game could be 60FPS on ps5.
Not necessarily. Framerate affects practically everything in a game and changing the framerate can be very hard unless the game was designed to be framerate independent. Also it takes much more processing power to increase framerate than to increase other effects.

Horizon 2 ported to PS5 might have a 60fps mode like TLOU remastered but I really wouldn't expect that to be the default setting. Increased resolution and image quality are much much more likely.

darkknightkryta

Yeah but if Horizon 2 is built @30FPS for the ps4 surely that same game could be 60FPS on ps5.
You can have Horizon running at 60fps on PS5, or you can have a game that makes Horizon look like trash running at 30fps.  I think we both know what the developer is going to choose.

Kerotan

You can have Horizon running at 60fps on PS5, or you can have a game that makes Horizon look like trash running at 30fps.  I think we both know what the developer is going to choose.
Yes but if they already made the game for ps4 they won't be able to port it and make horizon look like trash.  

darkknightkryta

Yes but if they already made the game for ps4 they won't be able to port it and make horizon look like trash.  
We're talking about PS5 games, what does PS4 games have to do with this?  Port Horizon's engine to PS5 looking as is at 60fps or tweaking the game's engine and whatever game you're making on PS5, making a game that makes Horizon look terrible in comparison, running at 30fps.

Kerotan

We're talking about PS5 games, what does PS4 games have to do with this?  Port Horizon's engine to PS5 looking as is at 60fps or tweaking the game's engine and whatever game you're making on PS5, making a game that makes Horizon look terrible in comparison, running at 30fps.
I'm saying if the game releases this gen on ps4. Then they later port it to ps5.

Dr. Pezus

So the Netflix app finally supports HDR

Legend

So the Netflix app finally supports HDR
How much HDR content is there?

Dr. Pezus

How much HDR content is there?
Not much but there is some stuff plus most of the new Netflix shows are in hdr

DerNebel

3 more days until PGW, people don't really seem to care too much, but I think it'll be a pretty good show.

Legend

3 more days until PGW, people don't really seem to care too much, but I think it'll be a pretty good show.
Oh we need a hype thread!!!

the-pi-guy

I blanked on what PGW was.  

And thought it was a game.  

DerNebel

I blanked on what PGW was. 

And thought it was a game. 
No no, it's the second half of the story that was started during E3....whatever that may mean.

Plus they'll have 7 new game announcements for PS4 and PSVR during the pre-show already.

Monday: Paris Games Week 2017 Brings a New PlayStation Media Showcase - PlayStation.Blog

And I'm probably not going to be able to watch it live. -.-

Legend

No no, it's the second half of the story that was started during E3....whatever that may mean.

Plus they'll have 7 new game announcements for PS4 and PSVR during the pre-show already.

Monday: Paris Games Week 2017 Brings a New PlayStation Media Showcase - PlayStation.Blog

And I'm probably not going to be able to watch it live. -.-
Second half, so another boring show?

Gaw if they ruin the euro show too instead of leaving it wacky, that'd be lame.

DerNebel

Second half, so another boring show?

Gaw if they ruin the euro show too instead of leaving it wacky, that'd be lame.
When was their European show wacky? It was just regularly filled with all the garbage that Sony had no faith in.

Go Up