One week to launch, what are your final Switch predictions?

Started by Legend, Feb 24, 2017, 07:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

My prediction was kind of a joke (I wanted to make a small prediction in small text), but I was also a little serious and it's because of the Wii U.  Literally every Nintendo home console has sold worse than the previous one, except for the Wii U.
I kind of expected it to continue that pattern, especially with how down some people here were about the Switch.  

Although I was hopeful it would turn it around.  I was prepared for the worst.  

I could tell it was a joke but your other post made it obvious a real prediction would be low as well, so I figured it ok to lump you in with the wall of shame  ::)

Also you mean "except for the Wii" right?

I still think Switch will fizzle off somewhat soon, similar to the Wii towards its end. So many switch owners expect PS4+XBO ports to be standard and that's not going to happen. Hopefully Nintendo has other games at the time to offset that loss of interest.

the-pi-guy

I could tell it was a joke but your other post made it obvious a real prediction would be low as well, so I figured it ok to lump you in with the wall of shame  ::)

Also you mean "except for the Wii" right?

I still think Switch will fizzle off somewhat soon, similar to the Wii towards its end. So many switch owners expect PS4+XBO ports to be standard and that's not going to happen. Hopefully Nintendo has other games at the time to offset that loss of interest.
Yes that's what I meant.  

I think it'll last a little while.  It'll ride off its own hype, and a slow peppering of solid exclusives will keep it going.

Dr. Pezus

Woah why did people predict so low for Switch? :o

My 9m will probably be the closest. As expected of course ;D
One word (and a letter) : Wii U

Xevross

One word (and a letter) : Wii U
One week from launch we had enough to see it wouldn't flop that badly. Well, it was enough for me anyway.

Dr. Pezus

One week from launch we had enough to see it wouldn't flop that badly. Well, it was enough for me anyway.
Not for me. I thought the annujncment and everything leading up to launch was underwhelming

the-pi-guy

There was a lot of gloom here.  
A lot of people weren't very sure how well a hybrid system was going to go.  

Cute Pikachu

I think that Nintendo despite the lack of major 3rd party support thought this out fantastically.
One big game almost every month  is great and we got a lot of games coming this fall as well.
I think 2018 will be even better
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Not for me. I thought the annujncment and everything leading up to launch was underwhelming
I thought it was quite underwhelming but I still predicted it would do well  ;)

darkknightkryta

I'm still thinking 40 million lifetime sales, which is more than what this abomination deserves to be honest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Xevross

lol this thread. Second bump.

Shame on you all. Even I was way under.

the-pi-guy

Dec 12, 2017, 02:06 PM Last Edit: Dec 12, 2017, 03:03 PM by the-pi-guy
lol this thread. Second bump.

Shame on you all. Even I was way under.
Shame on you for your pessimism.  

I'm happy to be wrong!  

Even 4.4 million felt optimistic for IHS.  

It's completely destroying the Wii U.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

I think it just goes to show how important price and exclusive software is to a consoles success.

Legend

So it'll be almost exactly the same as 3DS (unless 10 mil is sold to consumers).

Wonder for how long it'll stick to that. Could make a good graph.

I'm really glad I was wrong with my doom prediction.

Xevross

So it'll be almost exactly the same as 3DS (unless 10 mil is sold to consumers).

Wonder for how long it'll stick to that. Could make a good graph.

I'm really glad I was wrong with my doom prediction.
10mil is sold through

the-pi-guy

Dec 12, 2017, 04:38 PM Last Edit: Dec 12, 2017, 04:40 PM by the-pi-guy
Lol
NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Betting time: Do you think the Switch will be a success?

GAF trashed the Wii launch and Wii reveal. Went nuts for WiiU.
 Going by GAF it should be massive.

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Betting time: Do you think the Switch will be a success?

Originally Posted by EviLore

So, let's see....
 -Performance clearly superior to a Raspberry Pi 3, probably.
 -Built-in storage enough for installing as many as 1-2 games
 -Voice comm requiring the use of an app on your cell phone
 -Paid subscription online service feature list competitive with Heat.net
 -Peripheral pricing so high and bizarrely lopsided with the initial hardware bundle that it makes buying a second Switch for parts a sensible option
 ...that's pretty dire, but it's still a much more compelling product than the Wii U at first reveal, simply by virtue of being a handheld.  Might be somewhat more successful than the Wii U since it's not trying to leverage a poorly thought out archaic tablet as a unique selling point this time, but the cost of ownership is looking *astronomically* high. It's arguably higher than the major console competition, given the peripheral pricing, anemic built-in storage, low value paid online, etc., so it's abandoning a lot of the appeal that would otherwise come with being a handheld.  
 Handheld form factor and performance, but with $60 game pricing, paid online, tiny storage, and obscene peripheral costs.  Worst of both worlds, arguably, and the mediocre mobile SoC isn't going to do it any favors when people hook it up to their living room setups.  I seriously doubt I'll want to stretch out Switch games onto my 75" 4K HDR TV.
 Not exactly situated to take the market by storm with all that and a very thin launch lineup.  Not something that's easy to root for as a consumer, either, since Nintendo loaded up on anti-consumer business decisions here.  It's telling that first shipment pre-orders are still available.
 No.

delete your account

Go Up