Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cute Pikachu

Finally! A Triple AAA day and date game on the Switch!
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

Legend

Looking very average but it's not like it's been marketed as a great story. Wonder if casual people will like it.

Xevross

Looking very average but it's not like it's been marketed as a great story. Wonder if casual people will like it.
I have a bit of interest in it but definitely going to wait for reviews/ impressions first.

Xevross

I've never been one to reply games. In fact I can't think of any games I've replayed in the last 5 years except for DA:I. I replayed that mostly for the platinum trophy but also because fudge all was coming out around that time and I was bored. I tried to start replaying God of War but I found I'm already getting bored and losing motivation.

The one single game I'm happy to keep coming back to and continue to enjoy it as much as ever is Breath of the Wild. I still don't fully understand why this game gets to me so much, but it does continue to prove to me that its my favourite game of all time and nothing really comes close. I can't see myself ever getting tired of playing it.

Legend

I've never been one to reply games. In fact I can't think of any games I've replayed in the last 5 years except for DA:I. I replayed that mostly for the platinum trophy but also because fudge all was coming out around that time and I was bored. I tried to start replaying God of War but I found I'm already getting bored and losing motivation.

The one single game I'm happy to keep coming back to and continue to enjoy it as much as ever is Breath of the Wild. I still don't fully understand why this game gets to me so much, but it does continue to prove to me that its my favourite game of all time and nothing really comes close. I can't see myself ever getting tired of playing it.
Breath of the Wild gets lots of stuff wrong. It's far from perfect.

Yet I'm in the same boat. Just existing in its world feels so unique and nice. I bet I'll replay it once I get a switch.

the-pi-guy

And then there's me, who replays games for a very long time.  

Xevross

Breath of the Wild gets lots of stuff wrong. It's far from perfect.

Yet I'm in the same boat. Just existing in its world feels so unique and nice. I bet I'll replay it once I get a switch.
For me its as close to perfection as a game can possibly be. But hey, we have opinions for a reason.

And then there's me, who replays games for a very long time.  
I wish I could but I just get bored with them so quickly.

darkknightkryta

I got to the part where I had to aimlessly find spots where Zelda took pictures... needless to say I never put the game back on.

Xevross

I got to the part where I had to aimlessly find spots where Zelda took pictures... needless to say I never put the game back on.
You don't have to do that, and if you don't care about searching for them yourself you can just look them up.

I found looking for them quite fun anyway, and the memories were always great

darkknightkryta

You don't have to do that, and if you don't care about searching for them yourself you can just look them up.

I found looking for them quite fun anyway, and the memories were always great
That's also the last part where they tell you where the next part to go to. Between that and the terrible design choices for simple things, Im not having fun and would rather not continue.

Xevross

That's also the last part where they tell you where the next part to go to. Between that and the terrible design choices for simple things, Im not having fun and would rather not continue.
Well they give you the locations of the four divine beasts, you're supposed to just pick one of those to go to. I get that some people don't like some of the design choices. One that I don't like is the rain, but pretty much everything else I think they got right.

Legend

For me its as close to perfection as a game can possibly be. But hey, we have opinions for a reason.
I wish I could but I just get bored with them so quickly.
The bad parts imo only stand out because the rest is so great. They're not bad compared to average games. Like the shrines were cool but most puzzles were standard and the combat shrines weren't as cool.

Well they give you the locations of the four divine beasts, you're supposed to just pick one of those to go to. I get that some people don't like some of the design choices. One that I don't like is the rain, but pretty much everything else I think they got right.
Rain needed to be communicated better but I liked it. Lightning was really fun when fighting.

DerNebel

Really?

Weapon durability?
Story?
Side Quests?
Open world activities and rewards for said activities?
Combat?

The game is fine, but its cracks started showing really bad for me after a couple dozen hours.

Xevross

Really?

Weapon durability?
Story?
Side Quests?
Open world activities and rewards for said activities?
Combat?

The game is fine, but its cracks started showing really bad for me after a couple dozen hours.
Weapon durability - awesome system, keeps you thinking about what weapons to use in what situations, encourages more tactical thinking. I've never once had a problem of running out of weapons in 120+ hours of play

Story - sure its minimal but I really like what's there

Side quests - there are some really fun ones, but mostly they are just filler to add more to do

Open world - best open world I've ever played in, its just so fun to meander around and explore. Shrines obviously give great rewards, and korok rewards are super useful

Combat - I like it a lot, its much more fun than most open world RPGs I've played (such as Skyrim, TW3), there's no skill points or anything like that but there's a good amount of depth to it.

Sure they could have added more or done some things differently but to me what is in the game is pretty much perfect and I wouldn't want to change any of it.

Also you say "really?" like its a surprising point of view when this is the best reviewed game in a long time and its very widely loved. I get that some people don't like it much but I just love it.

Go Up