Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DerNebel

Dec 21, 2017, 10:13 PM Last Edit: Dec 21, 2017, 10:54 PM by DerNebel
I just saw Michael Damiani from Easy Allies repeat that line from Resetera about how Skyrim on the Switch sold 100k at retail, but close to 200k with digital and refered to it as information from "a source".

What it actually was, was some dogsombrero on Resetera taking the 100k retail number fro Skyrim, that was leaked by somebody else and then adding 40% to that number based on something MatPiscatella supposedly said in the thread, even though I'm only able to find comments of him fairly clearly stating that he doesn't have digital data on the Switch.

I hate this shame, this is how rumours like this get started, clueless people see comments like this and just start parroting them without thinking about it whatsoever. -.-

Legend

Dec 21, 2017, 11:25 PM Last Edit: Dec 21, 2017, 11:28 PM by Legend
I just saw Michael Damiani from Easy Allies repeat that line from Resetera about how Skyrim on the Switch sold 100k at retail, but close to 200k with digital and refered to it as information from "a source".

What it actually was, was some dogsombrero on Resetera taking the 100k retail number fro Skyrim, that was leaked by somebody else and then adding 40% to that number based on something MatPiscatella supposedly said in the thread, even though I'm only able to find comments of him fairly clearly stating that he doesn't have digital data on the Switch.

I hate this shame, this is how rumours like this get started, clueless people see comments like this and just start parroting them without thinking about it whatsoever. -.-
Yeah at least they're just live commenting, not as bad as reporting it in an article.

Link and timestamp?

During psx I remember Kyle making a comment about Switch dominating PS4 in the west. Nintendo is complex atm.

DerNebel

Yeah at least they're just live commenting, not as bad as reporting it in an article.

Link and timestamp?

During psx I remember Kyle making a comment about Switch dominating PS4 in the west. Nintendo is complex atm.
https://youtu.be/68clVX7rkDk?t=1h53m12s

At around the 1:53 hour mark, should the timestamp not work.

Seriously, I really like Easyallies, but especially Kyle and apparently Damiani as well are way too influenced by Neogaf/Resetera.

Xevross

I was super worried I wouldn't like Breath of the Wild but so far I'm absolutely loving it. I can see why its gotten so much praise and is dominating the game of the year awards.

Legend

I was super worried I wouldn't like Breath of the Wild but so far I'm absolutely loving it. I can see why its gotten so much praise and is dominating the game of the year awards.
How far are you into it?

It's a really really good game despite having so many things wrong with it.

Xevross

How far are you into it?

It's a really really good game despite having so many things wrong with it.
I've done 4 shrines in the second region and talked to Impa at Kakariko village.

Cute Pikachu

Dec 25, 2017, 02:07 AM Last Edit: Dec 25, 2017, 02:09 AM by Cute Pikachu
The digital average for Skyrim is unknown. John Harker has no information on digital sales for Nintendo titles because NPD doesn't receive them. It could be 40% or even be 1% for all we know.
I'm leaning towards around 20% to put it around 150k for November.
Also An Update on XC2 Sales:
130k Retail Japan(3 weeks counted)
~20k UK Retail(3 Weeks counted)
15k Spain retail(1 week counted
165k retail without digital. With the rest of the World and digital the game should be passed half a million(since these are series best debuts that we know so far).

My predictions:
75k< End of year in France
250k+ December debut
10k more in the UK for rest of the year
30k more for JP rest of year
60k Germany
My predictions with the known numbers will put it at a little over 500k without digital...by the end of the year. If we look attthe possibility of legs due to a lack of JRPGS and the season pass then 1 Million hopefully will come. My Million Switch sellers predictions have been true so far I don't want to lose that streak!
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

I've done 4 shrines in the second region and talked to Impa at Kakariko village.
Oh so you've just finished the tutorial  ::)

DerNebel

XC2 crashed on me and I lost like an hour of progress because the game doesn't really have any sort of autosave feature, great.... -.-

Cute Pikachu

XC2 crashed on me and I lost like an hour of progress because the game doesn't really have any sort of autosave feature, great.... -.-
Yeah the technical  issues are terrible.

Xevross

I've played a lot more of Zelda and I'm just finding it more and more impressive. I've now done about 40 shrines and divine beast vah ruta, and explored most of the east of the map.

Might dethrone the last of us as the best game I've ever played at this rate :o

Cute Pikachu

I've played a lot more of Zelda and I'm just finding it more and more impressive. I've now done about 40 shrines and divine beast vah ruta, and explored most of the east of the map.

That's awesome dude. Glad your enjoying it.

SWORDF1SH

I really want to play this game. Not going to buy an whole system for just that though.

Xevross

Jan 04, 2018, 12:50 AM Last Edit: Jan 04, 2018, 02:33 AM by Xevross
I really want to play this game. Not going to buy an whole system for just that though.
I bought the switch for this, mario odyssey, mario kart and kingdom battle. Add in golf quest and its already worth it for me.

Also I just finished the game twice, firstly after not getting all the memories and secondly after getting them all.

Definitely my new favourite game ever.

nnodley

Wish I liked zelda that much.  It just doesn't do it for me.  I almost have 0 desire to play it anymore.  I may finish it eventually.  We will see.

Go Up