Insider batting averages!

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2015, 08:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

What do I win for Ubisoft and bits of Sony conferences lol.
You did a pretty good job too... I didn't watch but friends told me ;)

Legend

Tidux is saying rockstar will be at the playstation meeting  ::)

DerNebel

Tidux is saying rockstar will be at the playstation meeting  ::)

:D

Yeah, sure.

Legend

Updated with Neo stuff.

Tidux has a wonderful track record.

Legend

I somewhat fell off the boat with this, but Kotaku is helping us out with the Switch

Kotaku: It's Reckoning Day For Nintendo Switch Rumor Reporters - NeoGAF

I thought it might be fun to have this thread so we can review everything after tonight.
 Here are a few snippets, though the full piece is much longer: http://kotaku.com/its-reckoning-day-...ers-1791120192
 Laura Kate Dale:
Originally Posted by Kotaku

Few people are as nervous for tonight as Laura Kate Dale, a UK-based reporter and prolific tweeter who has cultivated a reputation for sharing Nintendo rumors in the lead-up to Switch. Dale, who is 25, has been a full-time reporter since late 2014 but started making a name for herself last year with a series of tweets and reports full of Switch details both major and minor. Tonight, she may be vindicated. Or embarrassed. Or a combination of both.
 “I am constantly worried about that,” Dale told me during a recent interview. “That is honestly the most tiring thing about doing leaks, is the sitting and waiting and wondering, ‘Am I gonna lose all credibility because all of this is gonna turn out wrong?’”
 “Sharing information can be somewhat addictive,” Dale said. “It’s something that, while it does have its stresses attached to it, there is also something very rewarding about doing it. And I know there are times where I have probably said things that were either granular or I didn’t need to say, because sometimes you just wanna say, ‘Hey I know a few more things,’ so that when information starts coming out it’s obvious that OK, yeah, you did know more.’”

SuperMetalDave:

Tonight’s event may be the coda to what has been a wild, leaky year for Nintendo. Dale’s cavalcade of Nintendo reports follows several major rumors that hit throughout 2016. In February, a NeoGAF poster called Trevelyan9999—also known as SuperMetalDave—published a list of upcoming 3DS games and marketing budgets that turned out to be real. It mostly consisted of codenames and didn’t offer any useful information, but it was accurate.
 Later, SuperMetalDave reported a number of NX rumors on his YouTube channel that proved to be very much false, including a claim that the NX would use AMD’s x86 architecture and be more powerful than the PlayStation 4. If you’re wondering about the discrepancy: According to one person familiar with the situation, SuperMetalDave got his hands on that 3DS marketing plan because of an e-mail that was accidentally sent to a large group of people, then passed along to him. He didn’t have any real “inside” information beyond that e-mail, which might help explain why his subsequent reports were off the mark.

Emily Rogers:

Look at Emily Rogers, for example. Rogers, who has a long and polarizing history within the Nintendo fan community, has been sharing rumors and leaks since around 2011. Back then, she had a reputation for being wrong more often than not. She made several outlandish claims and had a tendency to delete tweets and posts every few months after things stopped panning out. But in the Switch era, she’s been on the ball, correctly reporting on some hardware details (plus the existence of Paper Mario for Wii U) as well as others that may or may not pan out tonight. (Rogers declined to comment on this story.)

Tom Phillips (Eurogamer):

Although Phillips falls into a different category than Dale or Rogers—as a full-time reporter for Eurogamer, he tends to be more careful about corroboration, and he prefers to post his stories on his website rather than on Twitter—he’s also eagerly waiting to see what happens tonight.
 “I’m confident in my own reporting, but things do change,” Phillips said. “It has been fascinating, following the Switch line-up so closely over the past six months, to see how late things get finalised. I think there’s a belief that release dates and announcement timings get nailed down months in advance when actually they are incredibly fluid. So yes, there have been times when I’ve read things and thought, ‘Hmm, that doesn’t sound like it’s the case anymore.’ And it’s certainly kept me on my toes—the biggest example has been Zelda’s release date—now back on for March but previously pencilled in for summer.”

Legend

I updated the op more. So many insiders suck.

Let me know if you've heard any rumors I should add.

the-pi-guy

These are fun things to keep track of.  

A few insiders are excellent.  Anything from Shinobi is practically be considered official.  

A few insiders clearly aren't insiders and are just BS'ing.  

Then there are a few others where you aren't sure what they are.  Have a few things right that seem reasonably difficult to be predictions and a few things wrong that make it seem like they don't know anything.  

Then there's ones like Demonnite, where you read their posts and you absolutely know he knows something, but he doesn't share anything anyways... So it barely matters.  

nnodley

Yeah Tidux just needs to shut up.  He's never right.

Xevross

Huh it turns out I hadn't read this thread in a while and the first post I had to read was that horizon might be delayed to early 2017. Time does fly.

So looking at OP, the most reliable leakers are shinobi, kotaku and polygon. Good to know, I'll avoid all mentions of their names in the next two weeks. Maybe you should add for Zhuge that he leaked two conferences fully as well

BananaKing

Yeah Tidux just needs to shut up.  He's never right.
been saying so for years now

Legend

I really dropped the ball with adding insiders before E3, but anyone have any you think should be added?

the-pi-guy

May 30, 2018, 08:55 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:03 PM by the-pi-guy
So apparently this guy leaked the title of Fallout 76, and now he's teasing a bunch of other games.  
Reddit user who leaked Fallout 76 is on a spree

This guy correctly leaked the title Fallout 76 and it's supposed genre 4 hours ahead of the official announcement as seen in this post.

He has since went on to share more supposed information about other E3 conferences:

Bethesda will have more to announce at E3, no Starfield

Kingdom Hearts 3 releasing this year

Death Stranding gameplay will be shown at Sony's conference

Sunset Overdrive 2, new Gears of War, Halo and Forza Horizon at Microsoft's conference

That Nintendo E3 Showroom Instruction document is apparently legit, new Punch - Out, F - Zero, Star Fox and titles for Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4 and Yoshi, Fortnite and Fallout 3 Anniversary

Cyberpunk 2077 will have a gameplay trailer

Possible nudge at ES6 being announced next year

Some of the stuff listed here is basically a given but there's some interesting titles in there as well. He'll probably post more in the near future, as it stands right now he's pretty credible.Last edited by SmileyAja - 27 minutes ago[/color]
I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him though to be honest.

Xevross

So apparently this guy leaked the title of Fallout 76, and now he's teasing a bunch of other games.  
Reddit user who leaked Fallout 76 is on a spree

KH3 finally releasing would be crazy, lol.

Also who's making Sunset Overdrive 2?

Legend

May 30, 2018, 09:16 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:25 PM by Legend
We should use this thread more  :P

Nothing they've said is too crazy so far.

EDT: I don't think they're legit. All of their info is obvious and already highly assumed except for Sunset Overdrive 2 and the Nintendo leak. They are just going with easy things.

the-pi-guy

We should use this thread more  :P

Nothing they've said is too crazy so far.

EDT: I don't think they're legit. All of their info is obvious and already highly assumed except for Sunset Overdrive 2 and the Nintendo leak. They are just going with easy things.
That's what my gut says.  

Go Up