VizionEck

Started by Legend, May 31, 2015, 07:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

Check comments #103 onwards.
27 September 2016, 15:45:26

Quote from: SWORDF1SH on 27 September 2016, 15:36:06
I see, so the response of input commands are instant atm but you want to keep the responsiveness but not make the controls to wooly and lose and find some sort of middle ground. Will you be able to move left or right when you jump or only be able to control the distance of the jump?
[size]

You'll have full control of your cube in air, at least in the standard game mode.[/size]

Legend

Jun 07, 2017, 04:44 PM Last Edit: Jun 07, 2017, 04:46 PM by Legend
Aw yeah. That was when I made it so that explosions and the like could push the player. Repurposed physics grids for that. Didn't change the underlying platforming.

Legend

I've hashed out a script for Cube Royale's reveal trailer. Might not like the results and instead go with a different idea though. Making a VizionEck trailer is so freaking hard. Mostly because I don't know what I'm doing, but also because it's just so darn unique.

SWORDF1SH

I've hashed out a script for Cube Royale's reveal trailer. Might not like the results and instead go with a different idea though. Making a VizionEck trailer is so freaking hard. Mostly because I don't know what I'm doing, but also because it's just so darn unique.
What type of unique are we talking here. Unique as in a beautiful individual snowflake  :) or unique as in Bananaking unique  :o

Legend

What type of unique are we talking here. Unique as in a beautiful individual snowflake  :) or unique as in Bananaking unique  :o
Have you ever played a game where you're a cube?
I'd say that's somewhat unique.

Now imagine a game where you're a cube and there are two jump buttons.
I'd say that's unique.

How about a game where you're a cube, there are two jump buttons, there are two health bars, the d-pad rotates you, weapons are cubes, weapons are simultaneously shields, doing damage to the enemy often helps the enemy, suicide is sometimes beneficial, the camera is a mix of first/third person, low ground is more advantageous than high ground, decoy cubes exist throughout the world, and platforming feels like pong.
I'd say that's VizionEck Cube Royale.

the-pi-guy

Oh yeah.  Cubefall, CubeCraft, UnCubed, Super Cube RPG.  Such amazing games.  
I'd say that's unique.
Super Super Cube Bros!  
Ah, yeah that takes me back.  Super Super Cube Bros 2 is sucky, but SSCB3 really brings the series back to what it was supposed to be.  

How about a game where you're a cube, there are two jump buttons, there are two health bars, the d-pad rotates you, weapons are cubes, weapons are simultaneously shields, doing damage to the enemy often helps the enemy, suicide is sometimes beneficial, the camera is a mix of first/third person, low ground is more advantageous than high ground, decoy cubes exist throughout the world, and platforming feels like pong.
The closest game I can think of is VizionEck Cube of the Titans.  First half was great, second half felt very unfinished.

SWORDF1SH

I'd say that's somewhat unique.

I'd say that's unique.

So it's beautifully unique! Yay!

Legend

Updated to Unity 5.6 today. This should be the version of Unity I ship with!  ;D

the-pi-guy

Updated to Unity 5.6 today. This should be the version of Unity I ship with!  ;D
I'll believe it when I see it.

Probably not even then.  

Legend

I'll believe it when I see it.

Probably not even then.  
THere's no 5.7. I'm not saying the game is releasing soon ;)

I'Ll need to make a physical release and ship it to you. Maybe You'll believe it once you're holding it.

the-pi-guy

THere's no 5.7. I'm not saying the game is releasing soon ;)
I suppose Unity 2017 might be a little much....  

I'Ll need to make a physical release and ship it to you. Maybe You'll believe it once you're holding it.
"This is clearly photoshopped"
"That doesn't make any sense, it's a physical copy and you are holding it..."
"You know what else doesn't make sense, why a developer would make a physical copy for a game that will be lucky to sell 20k."
"Touche"  :'(

But seriously, I'm looking forward to these things.  

Legend

I suppose Unity 2017 might be a little much....  
"This is clearly photoshopped"
"That doesn't make any sense, it's a physical copy and you are holding it..."
"You know what else doesn't make sense, why a developer would make a physical copy for a game that will be lucky to sell 20k."
"Touche"  :'(

But seriously, I'm looking forward to these things.  
If Cube Royale sells 20k, I'll be the happiest man on Earth.

1k was my "ok it's not a failure" mark back when Adventure was included. Nowadays I'm not even caring about sales with Cube Royale. If it gets decent reception and enough people are online for matchmaking, that's good for me.

Xevross

If Cube Royale sells 20k, I'll be the happiest man on Earth.

1k was my "ok it's not a failure" mark back when Adventure was included. Nowadays I'm not even caring about sales with Cube Royale. If it gets decent reception and enough people are online for matchmaking, that's good for me.
How much are you selling it for? I guess you don't need many sales to have made money on it and to allow you to make more games

the-pi-guy

How much are you selling it for? I guess you don't need many sales to have made money on it and to allow you to make more games
He said 20$ in the past, but he could have changed his mind.

Legend

Still haven't decided yet, but it'll be under $20.

Unless Cube Royale is a catastrophic failure, I'll be finishing VizionEck Adventure at the very least. The majority of dev time has been from learning how to do dev things and programing my own solutions into Unity. Adventure will only take another year or two to release. Also within that time frame I plan to reuse the "VizionEngine" for a 3rd smaller game.

If after those 3 games I've still not recovered my expenses and made a livable wage, then it's a financial failure and I'd have no clue what to do ::)

He said 20$ in the past, but he could have changed his mind.
That was back when Adventure and Cube Royale were a combo and had much smaller scopes.

Go Up