VizionEck

Started by Legend, May 31, 2015, 07:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

May 31, 2015, 07:32 AM Last Edit: Apr 20, 2017, 07:28 PM by Legend

A mysterious puzzle driven campaign

A tactical and competitive multiplayer

VizionEck is two very different experiences packaged into a single game.

One half of VizionEck sees the player isolated, disoriented, and powerless in a foreign and foreboding environment. Exploration drives the player forward as they solve puzzles and discover the truths of the world. It's a challenging adventure with paper and pencil recommended.

The other half of VizionEck is a re-imagining of FPS multiplayer into an arcade like experience. Strategy and reflexes are more important than aiming precision plus a limited variety of weapons keeps the playing field level. Fundamentally it's a shooter unlike anything you've played before.

Check out "Adventure" if you love mysteries and go to "Battle" if you're a fan of competitive multiplayer. This "Home" page meanwhile has all the information about the game as a whole.

Universal Features

Photo Importing
VizionEck's photo mode has the defining ability to work "backwards." Screenshots found online or shared by friends can be converted back into gameplay.

This simple concept has lots of wonderful and sometimes bizarre possibilities. A curious player could load the screenshot shown above, and then pan the camera downward to discover what's at the bottom of those pillars. An artistic player could load this screenshot, and then spice up the shot with new image effects and a better camera placement. An adventurous player could load this screenshot, and then continue playing as if it was their own save file. Etc, etc, etc.

Converting from screenshot to game does not require a pristine quality image. If a player finds a low res screenshot with compression artifacts, they should still be able to load it into VizionEck without problems. It's then possible to resave the image with max quality settings.

*The original screenshot creator can enable/disable what's possible with their image.

Free DLC
Players are directly involved with how fast and how much free DLC is released.  VizionEck's in game-currency is the backbone for this system. An Eckm (VizionEck money) is the game's unit of currency, earned by playing Adventure or Battle. Every time any online player earns an Eckm, VizionEck's "Community Score" also increases. Free DLC is released upon the Community Score reaching select milestones. Players can spend their Eckms to unlock game-skins, new maps, extras, bonuses, and more. DLC content is treated just like content available at launch, and usually needs to be unlocked as well.

Free DLC will be released for the life of the game.

Game Skins
The entire look and feel of VizionEck is customizable. Sound effects, graphics, image filters, music, etc. can be changed and modified as desired. Here is a very small sample of different visual changes.

Screenshots

Click to open in new tab.

Additional screenshots may be viewed in the Gallery.

General Information

• Release Date: TBA
  • Systems: PS4 lifetime exclusive
  • Number of Online Players: 1 Adventure, 1-8 Battle
  • Number of Local Players for Splitscreen: 1-4 Battle
  • Price: Undecided
  • Project Morpheus support: Post Launch
  • Developer: VizionEck, AKA Mike Armbrust
  • DLC: Tons of it, all free
  • Microtransactions: Heck no; has cheat codes instead

Dr. Pezus

Dohmer

I am a very competitive person, will the game have a stat tracker or a way for people to recognize me someone with a certain level of skill?

Legend

I am a very competitive person, will the game have a stat tracker or a way for people to recognize me someone with a certain level of skill?
I love stats so yes!

Every player has a personal score based off how many Eckms they've earned to date. This represents their skill and progress with the game. Beyond that every player stat is tracked, and all of them can be shared online with other players. Kill/death ratio, win/loss ratio, % of matches as MVP, number of kills, number of wins, etc.

Is there a specific stat you'd like to see?

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Hours played
Yes hours played, and time played per hour (similar to what users have on this forum).

Xbro

Yes hours played, and time played per hour (similar to what users have on this forum).
That would be interesting to see.
3 people like this

kitler53

bah, hours played is so yesterday.  give me frames viewed.  

i hate multiplayer.  give me better details of what puzzle platform means because that is where you'll sell me. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

ethomaz

No release date?

Stop to post on forum Legend.

Legend

bah, hours played is so yesterday.  give me frames viewed.  

i hate multiplayer.  give me better details of what puzzle platform means because that is where you'll sell me.
For frames viewed, I'd need to use the ps camera to factor out every time you blink.

Single player details will come with new videos and all that. Expect them in a decade or two.
No release date?

Stop to post on forum Legend.
It'll release on November 10th, 2015. Fallout and Tomb Raider watch out!
Spoiler for Hidden:
no haha it's too soon to give a release date. I won't do that until the game is practically finished.

the-pi-guy

For frames viewed, I'd need to use the ps camera to factor out every time you blink.

Single player details will come with new videos and all that. Expect them in a decade or two.
It'll release on November 10th, 2015. Fallout and Tomb Raider watch out!
Spoiler for Hidden:
no haha it's too soon to give a release date. I won't do that until the game is practically finished.
Watch!  It'll outsell them both!  :P

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Your fans are waiting!<br>

Legend

Watch!  It'll outsell them both!  :P

Spoiler for Hidden:

Your fans are waiting!

I've just been having so many internal delays mostly caused by the free dlc system. The original plan was to release the game and then work on new content for it. The problem is that lots of the free DLC works best if it's built into the core of the system. Here's an example with what I'm working on right now.

VizionEck launches with a lot of Battle match types, basically like every other fps. Sudden death, one hit kill, infection/zombies, 1 vs everyone, etc. However one of the early free DLCs will be custom match types, allowing players to design their own.

It works best to build VizionEck's launch match types using this player creation tool. So I have to make the backend of the system now. Then for the free dlc all I'll have to do is make menus for it. That really messes with my release target!

kitler53

I've just been having so many internal delays mostly caused by the free dlc system. The original plan was to release the game and then work on new content for it. The problem is that lots of the free DLC works best if it's built into the core of the system. Here's an example with what I'm working on right now.

VizionEck launches with a lot of Battle match types, basically like every other fps. Sudden death, one hit kill, infection/zombies, 1 vs everyone, etc. However one of the early free DLCs will be custom match types, allowing players to design their own.

It works best to build VizionEck's launch match types using this player creation tool. So I have to make the backend of the system now. Then for the free dlc all I'll have to do is make menus for it. That really messes with my release target!

if your game was higher profile this post would have killed your game.  

polygon "vizioneck developers intentionally holds back content for dlc". 

the internet "fudge that bumb, i'm not buying his game"

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

7H3

also why are there no female cubes? SJW outrage!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

also why are there no female cubes? SJW outrage!
There are female cubes.

Go Up