Go Down

Xevross

The sky/sun is quite red over the UK today, which is fun

Legend

The sky/sun is quite red over the UK today, which is fun
Isn't that from pollution though?  ::)

the-pi-guy

Isn't that from pollution though?  ::)
BBC weather presenter Simon King said it was due to the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia dragging in tropical air and dust from the Sahara.

He added that debris from forest fires in Portugal and Spain was also playing a part.

The dust has caused shorter wavelength blue light to be scattered, making it appear red.
Red sun phenomenon 'caused by Hurricane Ophelia' - BBC News

Xevross

What Pi said. Its surprising how red it actually was, you'd think it was just like a slight tinge but the sun was pretty much bright red at one point.

Legend

I had a cool lucid dream last night. I was in a class lecture hall and spent the first few moments inspecting the quality of the dream. It was as real as real life, which is something I'm always amazed at with dreams.

Then a person behind me was fumbling with a rubik's cube so I took the cube and started solving it. Only managed the first 3 edges of the green cross before my dream couldn't keep up and put pieces in wrong spots and the whole dream started breaking down from it.

the-pi-guy

Oct 28, 2017, 11:27 AM Last Edit: Oct 28, 2017, 11:49 AM by the-pi-guy
Had a dream where I saw my uncle and he was being given this military hat or thing in the mail and he had no idea who gave it to him.  I told him it was probably someone trying to scam him. 

Last night I had a dream with a few layers. 

First layer, I was flying some weird plane from some backseat thing.  I was behind a row of people and only had a small square to see outside.  Crashed and died.  They renamed the school after me.  And I had some weird overview like some kind of RTS of the school.  But the overview was strange because I remember laying on a couch thinking that I still get these dreams even when I'm awake and not thinking about anything. 

In the next layer, I was writing a post about my airplane dream, except I was using some weird Amazon computer and writing a draft on Microsoft word. 

There was other stuff.  I'm not really sure how it relates to the other dreams.  I remember laying down in bed, taking a shower and waiting for the wife. 

Legend

You had a dream with posting on our forum? Nice.

Tech is really rare in dreams. I've only ever had one dream where I was using a computer.

the-pi-guy

You had a dream with posting on our forum? Nice.

Tech is really rare in dreams. I've only ever had one dream where I was using a computer.
Yeah.  
I thought it was cool because I was posting about my previous dream in that dream.  

It was on some weird computer that had an Amazon button instead of a windows button.

Dr. Pezus

Parliamentary elections today. Second one this year lol

Legend

Natgeo had a yeti show on. Was actually a scientific one seemingly.

They did DNA tests and concluded most yeti encounters are black bear polar bear hybrids. Would explain how they could be so rare without going extinct.

Legend

Is it possible to surn burn your eyes from a computer screen?

::)

the-pi-guy

Nov 09, 2017, 02:12 AM Last Edit: Nov 09, 2017, 02:14 AM by the-pi-guy
Is it possible to surn burn your eyes from a computer screen?
 ::)
I don't think so.  :P

Mmm_fish_tacos

I think im getting that sony tv that bestbuy has on sale this black friday. 4k hdr, here i come.

Legend

I don't think so.  :P
Well I did something!

I use a small tv as a second monitor and for audio. So last night on my main screen it was a dark image while on my left it was an almost full white image, and the room lights were off/dim. This morning my eyes were bloodshot in the area that would line up if my tv monitor caused it.

the-pi-guy

I could imagine that being an irritant.  

Go Up