10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 03, 2014, 10:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Watched the video. Not all of what they showed can be qualified as verbal harassment. Still, it's pretty pathetic how many men felt the need to comment and even make it pretty clear they were checking her out.

NeverDies

I thought it was funny how so many of them were creepy weirdos.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Dr. Pezus

Still, that woman was ridiculously hot. Same thing happened to the hot guys

BananaKing

Watched the video. Not all of what they showed can be qualified as verbal harassment. Still, it's pretty pathetic how many men felt the need to comment and even make it pretty clear they were checking her out.

agreed. but this in no way shows that women are "harassed" and "victims" by just walking in the street like this video claims. 10 hours of walking and this is the worst they had to show. im sure that guy who said have a nice day has truly hurt her feelings.

Max King of the Wild

What a terrible problem to have. My god..... Me and a coworker were actually discussing this a bit a while ago. First off, most of that shame isn't harassment. How else are you going to meet people without trying to talk to them? Secondly, it by convention it's the guys that have to do the courting. If girls broke that convention itd be a lot easier for everyone. But hell, most like the fact they don't really need to do anything so why change it?

Max King of the Wild

Oh, and NPR made it a racial issue by claiming that they cut out all the white people. I've walked through Chicago and Milwaukee with attractive females and it was mostly black males trying to say something to them. Most of the time it was harmless "you very beautiful. Do you know that?" sometimes it went too far.

darkknightkryta

Oh, and NPR made it a racial issue by claiming that they cut out all the white people. I've walked through Chicago and Milwaukee with attractive females and it was mostly black males trying to say something to them. Most of the time it was harmless "you very beautiful. Do you know that?" sometimes it went too far.

I've noticed black males don't really care enough and just go for it.

the-pi-guy

Most of it was a big joke. 
"Have a nice day."

"HARASSMENT!!!!!!"

Seriously? 

Max King of the Wild

Nov 05, 2014, 03:51 PM Last Edit: Nov 05, 2014, 03:58 PM by Max King of the Wild

Most of it was a big joke. 
"Have a nice day."

"HARASSMENT!!!!!!"

Seriously?
I actually read some comments on the NPR article and the women there were saying, "those 'hi' quickly turn into 'do you have a boyfriend.' as a women you learn quickly to ignore it."

My reaction... Wouldn't it be easier to address it and say yes, no or not interested? Also, so what? Why is that considered harassment? People don't really know what words mean anymore. They just use them because it's close to what they think they want to say and they think the words are interchangeable. Meanings of words are being watered down on a daily basis and it's effecting our language.

Example, you wouldn't believe how many times I was called a bigot or racist just for leaning right in political views when the conversation is on nothing close to race.

Dr. Pezus

@Socializing is only supposed to take place on Facebook, obviously. Not out on the street!

Go Up