PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lordfancypants

Sep 26, 2016, 11:32 AM Last Edit: Sep 26, 2016, 11:35 AM by Lordfancypants
The store load time is horrendous.
I read so much about SOC and Ico that I thought I'd give them a shot. Turns out I own them, I guess through plus.
Which is part 1 and are they related as a series?

Yeah, the store is barely useable.  This is the only older console I kept. If not for all the plus games over the years, I select them all each month, I'd of traded it or given to charity.  These install times!  Ugh. 
Is this where I talk favorably about myself?

SWORDF1SH

I read so much about SOC and Ico that I thought I'd give them a shot. Turns out I own them, I guess through plus.

Yeah, the store is barely useable.  This is the only older console I kept. If not for all the plus games over the years, I select them all each month, I'd of traded it or given to charity.  These install times!  Ugh.  
Ico is the first and SOC is the second. I've only played Ico but I think SOC is considered a spiritual successor like The Last Guardian is considered a spiritual successor to SOC.

kitler53

Yeah, the store is barely useable.  This is the only older console I kept. If not for all the plus games over the years, I select them all each month, I'd of traded it or given to charity.  These install times!  Ugh.  
they aren't directly related any more than say sly cooper is related to infamous.  same developer so you can see how the ideas from the first game evolved to influence the next but as games they are independent.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Lordfancypants

Sep 26, 2016, 02:54 PM Last Edit: Sep 26, 2016, 03:36 PM by Lordfancypants
they aren't directly related any more than say sly cooper is related to infamous.  same developer so you can see how the ideas from the first game evolved to influence the next but as games they are independent.
Ok, I'll still play in order though. I'm very curious about them since I always hear how great they were.

Ico is the first and SOC is the second. I've only played Ico but I think SOC is considered a spiritual successor like The Last Guardian is considered a spiritual successor to SOC.
Thanks. :)

kitler53

Ok, I'll still play in order though. I'm very curious about them sense I always hear how great they were.
Thanks. :)
i really liked ICO.  i also enjoyed SotC but i couldn't finish it either,.. i got to the fish boss and just couldn't figure it out and eventually gave up.  the punishment for dying was a bit to severe for me i guess. 

SWORDF1SH

On the subject of Ico and SotC, here is some more gameplay footage from the TLG demo at EGX.

Lordfancypants

On the subject of Ico and SotC, here is some more gameplay footage from the TLG demo at EGX.

The way this game looks makes me want to play the first two.  The never ending story finally got a video game. :p

kitler53

this game looks far more ICO than SotC and i'm happy about that.

Legend

this game looks far more ICO than SotC and i'm happy about that.
Me too.

nnodley

I really should get around to finishing ICO and SOTC

the-pi-guy

I think it looks a lot like Agent now.  
"This video is private"

Kerotan

On the Playstation blog it has a list of all ps now and games.  But in brackets after some titles such as Assassin's Creed it says "available for a limited time only".

What does this mean?  Will they only be on ps now for a certain period?  

the-pi-guy

Why does the AAA game industry not use blender?
To give you an idea, a friend of mine currently works as a technical artist. His job usually revolves around cool particle effects and -- wait for it -- building tools via MEL script / Python in Maya. Quite an awful lot of companies have invested quite an awful lot into customizing their deployment of Maya or 3DS Max.

Here's a rigging tool built for use with Epic's technology.

You ought to see the kinds of things Naughty Dog keeps up their sleeves.
Meanwhile a Japanese deployment of Maya that I saw a few weeks ago was kitted out such that it was barely recognizable.
What a tease this guy is.

Kerotan

Mmm_fish_tacos

Go Up