Go Down

the-pi-guy

Unity 5.5 beta, download now!  :o

Legend

Unity 5.5 beta, download now!  :o
I'm still on 5.3. Anything cool?

the-pi-guy

I'm still on 5.3. Anything cool?
I just got the email that told me I should download it.
5.5 brings:
-Improvements to line rendering
-particle system with light and sound modules
-2D physics improvements
-Texture importer improved

Legend

(UPDATE) In Development - Unity Splash screen tools - in beta!  -  Unity Blog

Awesome change, speaking of 5.5.

Non paying users really hated the splash screen and 5.4 made it worse. It's more than fine to give credit for Unity, but the old splashscreen felt really amateurish and cheap.

Legend

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Anyone tried Horizon 3 on pc? How does it run?

darkknightkryta

I'm probably going to buy a Skull Canyon soon.  Pricey, but dang is it sexy

Legend

darkknightkryta

Oct 29, 2016, 04:39 PM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2016, 04:49 PM by darkknightkryta

He's wrong... the human eye sees at 22fps :P

On another note, while I'm not against 60fps in gaming, since 3D games is one of the few mediums that can actually not make it look like dog, but why do enthusiasts really cry about games being at 30?  I mean, it's not like you wanna watch a movie on fast forward at 60+ fps :/

Also I've been playing with my Skullcanyon.  It's expensive, but it's pretty impressive.  It's about as powerful as my 5 year old desktop (GTX 560).  But it's the size of a PSTwo.  Though, while it's not going to be as good as HBM, Intel did a decent job with using regular ram.  There's a bit of lag when RE Revelations is loading something, though I'm running my games off of an SD Card, so that can be an issue.  But Revelations 1 runs pretty much full speed at 1080p.  I downloaded The Witcher 2, but I'm going to try it out after Halloween.  I think the little bugger could handle more newer games, but I think Intel is dropping the ball with their drivers.  My GTX 560 Ti can handle Rise of the Tomb Raider at 1080p maxed at around 25fps.  The Iris Pro 580 is about as powerful, but can only handle the game at 720p, lowest possible settings and at 15fps.  That doesn't sound right to me.  It can also supposedly run Witcher 3, but I haven't bought it.

Legend

He's wrong... the human eye sees at 22fps :P

On another note, while I'm not against 60fps in gaming, since 3D games is one of the few mediums that can actually not make it look like dog, but why do enthusiasts really cry about games being at 30?  I mean, it's not like you wanna watch a movie on fast forward at 60+ fps :/

Also I've been playing with my Skullcanyon.  It's expensive, but it's pretty impressive.  It's about as powerful as my 5 year old desktop (GTX 560).  But it's the size of a PSTwo.  Though, while it's not going to be as good as HBM, Intel did a decent job with using regular ram.  There's a bit of lag when RE Revelations is loading something, though I'm running my games off of an SD Card, so that can be an issue.  But Revelations 1 runs pretty much full speed at 1080p.  I downloaded The Witcher 2, but I'm going to try it out after Halloween.  I think the little bugger could handle more newer games, but I think Intel is dropping the ball with their drivers.  My GTX 560 Ti can handle Rise of the Tomb Raider at 1080p maxed at around 25fps.  The Iris Pro 580 is about as powerful, but can only handle the game at 720p, lowest possible settings and at 15fps.  That doesn't sound right to me.  It can also supposedly run Witcher 3, but I haven't bought it.
I'm similar. 60 fps is nice and all but I don't consider it important enough to sacrifice graphics for. As long as there's no screen tearing/pacing problems and the framerate is above 25, I tend to be happy.

Mmm_fish_tacos

30 or 60 the important part is consistency. If the frame rate is jumping around is the only time I notice it. Outside of that i don't care.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2016, 06:02 PM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2016, 06:03 PM by the-pi-guy
On PC, I always try to get 60 fps.  
But I have a hard time telling the difference between 30 and 60 on console. Can usually tell between the comparison, but differences are minor usually.

I must be weird.

I played Minecraft on my old PC, only really became unplayable to me as it dropped under 20.  

Legend

Nov 10, 2016, 03:05 PM Last Edit: Nov 10, 2016, 03:09 PM by Legend
Planet Coaster beta released and it is looking amazing.

Wooden roller coasters have the most insane supports!

BasilZero

There's a huge difference between 30 and 60 FPS for me.

60 FPS feels way way more smoother for me than 30 FPS.

It doesnt make games unplayable...well maybe a few, I dont know why but I just couldnt play Bioshock 2 on PC at 60 FPS cause it would drop to 50-55 and the staggering and movement fluidness changes and its very noticeable. So I turn off the cap , and it plays completely smooth at 80 fps for me l0l

Go Up