PlayStation VR: $399 is here!

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 10, 2016, 04:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

What are the chances it releases before e3?
Like 20%.  I was a little hopeful that they would.  But I can't imagine they would without a big showing to announce price/release.  On the other hand, I do wonder if Sony will want to put it on the E3 stage.  So I wonder what they will do.  
That's not how probability works!
Actually there are some instances where it does.  
Take the numberline of all reals.  The odds of picking any individual number is actually 0.  Even though you would still pick one of them.  

Legend

Like 20%.  I was a little hopeful that they would.  But I can't imagine they would without a big showing to announce price/release.  On the other hand, I do wonder if Sony will want to put it on the E3 stage.  So I wonder what they will do.  Actually there are some instances where it does.  
Take the numberline of all reals.  The odds of picking any individual number is actually 0.  Even though you would still pick one of them.  
Heisenberg uncertainty principle disagrees with you.

With OR releasing so soon I feel Sony might want to release next to them.

the-pi-guy

Heisenberg uncertainty principle disagrees with you.
But math agrees with me.
That's what I think too, but I can't imagine how they'd do that.  

the-pi-guy

If by some crazy(-ish) situation, Sony decides they want to release as close to Oculus as they can (like April/May), what do you (and others reading this question) think they will do?  

kitler53

That's not how probability works!
zero.

i would have said non-zero a few days ago but learning that the GDC is a behind closed doors event makes it zero.  if they were ready to launch they'd make that a public facing event.  e3 they'll talk a lot about VR and launch in the fall i bet.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

What are the chances it releases before e3?
Well Sony said it'd be out in the first half of 2016, so taking Sonys atrocious track record when it comes to hitting announced release dates this gen into account I'd say this thing won't be out before September.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I think people are hyping this too much. Keep your expectations in check.

the-pi-guy

I think people are hyping this too much. Keep your expectations in check.
Tacos, I don't have any expectations.  
I'm still gonna be hyped, even if it's just Shu holding it and saying this is PSVR.  The end.  
even if it's some random guy named Legend holding it and saying this is PSVR.  

My expectations would be met, and I would leaping around like a madman.  I'm really hyped.

Everyone else is doing a fair job at keeping their hype reasonable.  

the-pi-guy

On wednesday:
Synopsis: Join us as we enter the world of PlayStation VR and explore new features, development concepts and design innovations. We will be discussing the latest hardware and software, exploring features to help developers make better VR titles, and giving a long-awaited update on the future of the consumer product. There will also be some exciting new information from "The PLAYROOM VR" team as well as a surprise live multiplayer VR demo on stage!

What kind of long-awaited update would there be? 
PSVR devkits supporting PC?  :o

Mmm_fish_tacos

Tacos, I don't have any expectations.  
I'm still gonna be hyped, even if it's just Shu holding it and saying this is PSVR.  The end.  
even if it's some random guy named Legend holding it and saying this is PSVR.  

My expectations would be met, and I would leaping around like a madman.  I'm really hyped.

Everyone else is doing a fair job at keeping their hype reasonable.  
Yes, here. But everywhere else seems to have unreasonable expectations.

DerNebel

On wednesday:
Synopsis: Join us as we enter the world of PlayStation VR and explore new features, development concepts and design innovations. We will be discussing the latest hardware and software, exploring features to help developers make better VR titles, and giving a long-awaited update on the future of the consumer product. There will also be some exciting new information from "The PLAYROOM VR" team as well as a surprise live multiplayer VR demo on stage!

PSVR devkits supporting PC?  :o

Why would they give an important update on wednesday instead of the conference tomorrow?

Raven

On wednesday:

Price and release window.

kitler53

On wednesday:

doubtful.

release date.  price.  final specs.  better name.  games.  os.  ...or anything that officially acknowledges it still exists.

based on prior announcements it is suppose to be on the market in 4 months.  clearly they owe the public release information or a delay by now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Why would they give an important update on wednesday instead of the conference tomorrow?
No idea.  Probably something to do with developers, but I don't know what "long awaited update" there is for developers.  @Legend, anything you're waiting for?  

release date.  price.  final specs.  better name.  games.  os.  ...or anything that officially acknowledges it still exists.
based on prior announcements it is suppose to be on the market in 4 months.  clearly they owe the public release information or a delay by now.
Price and release window.
Which wouldn't really be typical for a GDC.
But maybe a release window?  
It seems interesting, but it'll probably be something lame (for most people).

Dr. Pezus

Go Up