XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ludicrous Speed

Apr 19, 2017, 05:06 PM Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017, 05:11 PM by Ludicrous Speed
How much is that in Murican dollars?

If I did it right it translates to $426. So $399-449 potentially. Not a bad price for the most powerful console ever.

Legend

If I did it right it translates to $426. So $399-449 potentially. Not a bad price for the most powerful console ever.
Would be $399 but no way does this website have inside knowledge this early.

SWORDF1SH

RRP in euros usually match the RRP in dollars. So if this is correct, expect it to be priced at $399. Not a bad price at all.

Legend

the-pi-guy

Using the screen for frame rate?  :o seems odd.

ethomaz

May 03, 2017, 08:03 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:06 PM by ethomaz
They obvious didn't use... it is just cool... they have tools to monitory the fps in real time showing in others monitors (one monitor shows the game and the others the profiling data).

Something like that :P

Legend how is your dev setup???

nnodley

Raven

No, Jez. It isn't sexy. It's a partial shot of a devkit. Trying a little too hard to sell this thing.

Legend

Seeing it in action practically confirms that MS is trying to keep it a surprise for consumer units. That one graph is just showing a fun twirling animation lol.

Plus those graphs are tiny! As a dev does dev things, are they supposed to watch that little LOD and make sure everything looks normal? And if something looks off, what are they supposed to do then?

It's just so useless 99% of the time.

Legend

They obvious didn't use... it is just cool... they have tools to monitory the fps in real time showing in others monitors (one monitor shows the game and the others the profiling data).

Something like that :P

Legend how is your dev setup???
I have two monitors and my devkit is connected to a capture card that can display the game in a window on my PC.

Both my dev kit and testkit are connected to my computer so yeah I have the profiling "apps" running on Windows. I also can use Unity's built in profiler which looks like this:

I can only see the XBOX screen being useful when the kit can't be connected to a PC and for tech demos that want to show off their efficiency.

DerNebel

Who gives a crud about how the dang devkit looks like? It's not like that's what people are going to buy. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to make "news" about with this thing.

Legend

Who gives a crud about how the dang devkit looks like? It's not like that's what people are going to buy. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to make "news" about with this thing.
Well for MS dev kits looks a lot like retail units. Also this is from the leaker guy so of course he'd share it.

In other news,

Game is a port with higher resolution. Not to the surprise of anyone here, but lots of other people are freaking out since they thought it'd be a big huge remake and a key part of Microsoft's lineup. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368307

Kerotan

Was just thinking with the scorpio.  You might aswell just wait another 2 years after it comes out and get a ps5.

Legend

Was just thinking with the scorpio.  You might aswell just wait another 2 years after it comes out and get a ps5.
2019 no way.

MAybe 2020.

ethomaz

2019 no way.

MAybe 2020.
I will be pretty surprised if it was no Holiday 2019.

The only think that can delay the announce is if 7nm is not ready for end of 2019 because only a big due shrink will give the power/price for a good PS5 machine.

Go Up